Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered WK Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/)
-   -   new to forums and my 2007 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 crd diesel and need help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/new-to-forums-and-my-2007-jeep-grand-cherokee-limited-4x4-crd-diesel-and-need-help-49969.html)

fastlane26 11-06-2012 05:36 PM

new to forums and my 2007 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 crd diesel and need help

Hey how is everyone my name is mike and i have a 2007 jeep crd 3.0 diesel limited 4x4 Grand Cherokee i just got yesterday. and i am super excited to mod it and learn from you guys the best mods.

What i want to do is increase them mpg and power and make it look tough i do a little off roading but nothing major i sell property in Texas so i cruise it in Texas and commute 100 miles a day to work. I love it all ready what are the best proven mpg mods to do first? and help i can get i would appreciate and what links should i go to and forum should i be posting in?

52233 11-07-2012 08:59 AM

Re: new to forums and my 2007 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 crd diesel and need hel

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastlane26 (Post 707801)
Hey how is everyone my name is mike and i have a 2007 jeep crd 3.0 diesel limited 4x4 Grand Cherokee i just got yesterday. and i am super excited to mod it and learn from you guys the best mods.

What i want to do is increase them mpg and power and make it look tough i do a little off roading but nothing major i sell property in Texas so i cruise it in Texas and commute 100 miles a day to work. I love it all ready what are the best proven mpg mods to do first? and help i can get i would appreciate and what links should i go to and forum should i be posting in?

Get your diesel "tuned" you will get about another 2 mpg and 50 hp or about 70 lbs of torque. Go for the "green tune". Your computer will be re mapped for better performance and milage. Heard these guys are good in USA :Green Diesel Engineering - Jeep Performance ECU Chip Tuner

Madanio24 11-07-2012 09:12 AM

Re: new to forums and my 2007 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 crd diesel and need hel

Get a small 2-3 inch lift and bigger tires.

fastlane26 11-07-2012 11:56 PM

I just got my jeep crd a few days ago and ready to mod what would be the order I should do I'm looking for mpg and to increase mileage. Also on the tune I'm bouncing between the green diesel tune and the custom spooling one its expensive like over 1000.00 Any advice would be great then later intercooler upgrade you think that would help?

quicksilverado 11-11-2012 11:38 PM

I have a green Diesel tune. Bumped my mileage roughly 4 mpg. It depends on how you drive though. Most see at least a 2 mpg increase. A lift and larger tires will hurt your mileage.