Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Black mesh inner grill (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/black-mesh-inner-grill-49997.html)

Tussle 11-07-2012 02:16 PM

Black mesh inner grill
 
I have a 2013 Altitude, and am looking to replace the chrome inner mesh on the grill, with black mesh. Any idea's on where to get this item cheap? Or do I need to buy a complete grill with the black mesh that I want, and swap out that part for my part? Any help would be appreciated, after a 45 minute visit to the parts department, at the local, they were zero help! I would even trade my chrome inner mesh for somebody's black inner mesh! Help a brotha out!

Scottina06 11-07-2012 03:10 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
yep...youll probably have to buy a whole grille or ttrade with someone. You could try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for a used grille and then swap the mesh out

kkreit01 11-07-2012 03:13 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Just buy the black insert from Ablaze (vendor here). Sell yours, and you might not be out much (especially if you say it's from an "Altitude").

Raptor 11-07-2012 03:18 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
You need the front grill assembly from a Limited or Overland, (Not Overland Summit). Might try to trade with someone who would like the chrome "Summit" front grill look.

You can unclip the painted grill face or shell of your Altitude front grill from the Altitude platinum chrome inner mesh grill assembly and swap the inner mesh assembly with someone who has a black mesh Limited or Overland inner grill.

They would keep their chrome grill face to mate w/your platinum chrome inner grill assembly & you would keep your painted Altitude grill face to match with their black inner grill assembly. I'm sure many who like the Overland Summit Chrome front grill would be eager to do this swap!

Check out this thread with pics to better understand what I mean;

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/about...elp-42947.html

Tussle 11-07-2012 05:14 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Yep, that is the plan, just want to swap out the chrome mesh portion on my grill to a black mesh one. Biggest issue for me is the finding of a black mesh one, a grill with black mesh, or somebody that wants to trade the mesh portion, and of course I really, really don't want to take the bumper off because these things never go back the way they were, and I will end up will a drooping bumper or uneven gaps or something and this will really piss me off! If my dealer wasn't so inept at finding the part, I might have some faith that they could swap the part out for me, but if they can't even find it, I can't imagine that they can change it! This is the one and only last tiny detail before my car is complete, and this sucks!

jgc4ever 11-07-2012 05:24 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tussle (Post 708247)
Yep, that is the plan, just want to swap out the chrome mesh portion on my grill to a black mesh one. Biggest issue for me is the finding of a black mesh one, a grill with black mesh, or somebody that wants to trade the mesh portion, and of course I really, really don't want to take the bumper off because these things never go back the way they were, and I will end up will a drooping bumper or uneven gaps or something and this will really piss me off! If my dealer wasn't so inept at finding the part, I might have some faith that they could swap the part out for me, but if they can't even find it, I can't imagine that they can change it! This is the one and only last tiny detail before my car is complete, and this sucks!

The bumper has to be removed to swap the inner mesh.

Raptor 11-07-2012 05:37 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Yep, no way to remove the inner mesh without removing the entire front grill assembly!

Tussle 11-07-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Thanks for all the help, info, and replies everybody! I ran down and talked to a paint shop that paints high end hot rods and custom rides around here, and he will be painting the mesh, lower lip, and the chrome trim around the windows on Tuesday. Solved all of my issues with one stop!

aedubber 11-10-2012 12:24 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tussle (Post 708301)
Thanks for all the help, info, and replies everybody! I ran down and talked to a paint shop that paints high end hot rods and custom rides around here, and he will be painting the mesh, lower lip, and the chrome trim around the windows on Tuesday. Solved all of my issues with one stop!

Can you post up a pic of the results please ? Thx

Tussle 11-10-2012 12:54 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
I will. Won't be done until Tuesday, but it's also raining all next weeks and I won't post pics until she's spit shined!

aedubber 11-10-2012 01:18 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tussle (Post 709455)
I will. Won't be done until Tuesday, but it's also raining all next weeks and I won't post pics until she's spit shined!

Isnt a jeep supposed to be dirty ?:D

Tussle 11-12-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Black mesh inner grill
 
That's a good point!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community