Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Iphone 5 & 730N (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/iphone-5-and-730n-50014.html)

Rich Lee 11-07-2012 11:48 PM

Iphone 5 & 730N

So, when i have my iphone plugged in via usb the 730N only shows a very limited number of tracks...like maybe a dozen random tracks...

I have a massive music library on my iphone and it cant see any of it. I can see all of my playlists. But not the music inside of them.

I have updated to 2.126 hoping that it would resolve the issue...but no dice.

I can play all my music just fine over bluetooth...but it sounds so crappy compared to usb.

Rich Lee 11-08-2012 01:02 PM

Re: Iphone 5 & 730N

I have all of my music on icloud...It seems like the jeep can only see the tracks that i bought recently on my iphone...so i tried signing out of icloud and sure enough...the only tracks that stayed behind on the phone were the ones that i recently purchased/the jeep can see.

So there is some issue that keeps the jeep from seeing music that is stored in icloud...must be some way that the iphone catagorizes the music...local vs cloud.

Jim_in_PA 11-08-2012 03:41 PM

This is a "feature" of having your library in the cloud...only songs that you have actually played are going to be on the iPhone. The USB hookup can only see material that is physically on the iPhone...it will never see stuff stored "up there".

As an aside, I'm wrestling with this myself, although not relative to my Jeep. The issue I have with stuff being up in the cloud is that it's not accessible when communication is turned off, such as when one is on a plane. It used to be that you could manually sync the material to have it local and then turn on iTunes Match. The stuff that was originally synced would be there. Recent updates seem to be causing the files to be removed when iTunes Match is turned on. At least on my iPhone. It's driving me nuts!

MikeBoom 11-08-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 708708)

As an aside, I'm wrestling with this myself, although not relative to my Jeep. The issue I have with stuff being up in the cloud is that it's not accessible when communication is turned off, such as when one is on a plane.

I just discovered this last week, after I boarded an eight-hour flight. :mad:

Jim_in_PA 11-09-2012 11:32 AM

Mike, for the moment, I've turned off iMatch and synced the music "traditionally" to my iPhone until I can figure out if this is a "new feature" or an anomaly. I don't fly often, but when I do...I want my tunes!

Rich Lee 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 708708)
This is a "feature" of having your library in the cloud...only songs that you have actually played are going to be on the iPhone. The USB hookup can only see material that is physically on the iPhone...it will never see stuff stored "up there".

As an aside, I'm wrestling with this myself, although not relative to my Jeep. The issue I have with stuff being up in the cloud is that it's not accessible when communication is turned off, such as when one is on a plane. It used to be that you could manually sync the material to have it local and then turn on iTunes Match. The stuff that was originally synced would be there. Recent updates seem to be causing the files to be removed when iTunes Match is turned on. At least on my iPhone. It's driving me nuts!

This makes sense now. I went through and downloaded a lot of albums from icloud to the phone and they all show...good to know that works...not ideal..but it's something.