Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Part Number for DVD Player (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/part-number-for-dvd-player-50038.html)

SalT 11-08-2012 08:40 PM

Part Number for DVD Player

Hi all,

Where can I look up part numbers, the dealer is taking an awfully long time to replace my dvd player because he can't find the part number. I'm sure it's not that hard. They tried to do the upgrade to the system and it mangled the cd.

It's for a GC 2012 Overland.

So, where can I go to "help" him.

Thanks.

Milous 11-08-2012 09:18 PM

Re: Part Number for DVD Player

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalT (Post 708843)
Hi all,

Where can I look up part numbers, the dealer is taking an awfully long time to replace my dvd player because he can't find the part number. I'm sure it's not that hard. They tried to do the upgrade to the system and it mangled the cd.

It's for a GC 2012 Overland.

So, where can I go to "help" him.

Are they planning to replace the entire radio? If so, you have the model RHP radio, and the radio part # for your vehicle is 5091661AC.

SalT 11-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 708858)
Are they planning to replace the entire radio? If so, you have the model RHP radio, and the radio part # for your vehicle is 5091661AC.

Milous,

Thanks once again for your help.

I think they are.

What happened was, I took the car for it's first service and they were going to do a routine upgrade of the system. The CD was inserted, the upgrade failed and the CD was retained by the player.

After I picked up the car, I was driving around for about 15 minutes (in silence) when the system ejected the CD. Everything seems to be working fine, but there is a whirring sound on start up which seems to emanate from the multimedia console. I am not sure that the whole console needs to be replaced, but hey, I'm the lowly owner.

I will ring through that part number and see what they say, Is there any reason why it would be so difficult for them to find the part number? Bearing in mind that this dealership weren't aware of the ipod accessory. I won't be taking it back to them ever again, I just need to get them to finish the first service, plus look at the rattle in the sunroof. (For which I will print off the sticky in this forum and give to them.)

Regards,

Salt.

Milous 11-08-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalT (Post 708863)
What happened was, I took the car for it's first service and they were going to do a routine upgrade of the system. The CD was inserted, the upgrade failed and the CD was retained by the player.

I was driving around for about 15 minutes (in silence) when the system ejected the CD. Everything seems to be working fine, but there is a whirring sound on start up which seems to emanate from the multimedia console. I am not sure that the whole console needs to be replaced, but hey, I'm the lowly owner.

I found the part number in about one minute using your VIN... is the "whirring" sound present when the radio is off, and with no disc inserted? Does it go away soon? Does it sound like the internal fan in the radio, or what does it sound like, loud?

Will it now load/play/eject a CD or DVD movie ok?

SalT 11-08-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 708866)
I found the part number in about one minute using your VIN... is the "whirring" sound present when the radio is off, and with no disc inserted? Does it go away soon? Does it sound like the internal fan in the radio, or what does it sound like, loud?

Will it now load/play/eject a CD or DVD movie ok?

The whirring sound is apparent just after the engine starts and before the radio comes on. Once the radio starts the sound stops. It sounds like the mechanism that extracts or inserts the cd. I don't think it's a fan, as the sound is like something spinning in one direction then in the opposite direction. It's not loud, I can hear it, not sure that the rear passengers can.

I haven't played any other CDs in the player. I tried to insert the upgrade CD and the system spat it straight back out. I will try a different CD this evening.