Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   I Want Spacers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/i-want-spacers-50066.html)

turbospartan 11-09-2012 01:15 PM

I Want Spacers
 
So I know there is one guy on here (white Altitude, I believe) that had some custom spacers made.

Has anyone found ANY spacers for sale that would work for our WK2's?

Coming from the Audi scene before moving to Jeep, making the face of the wheels flush with the lip of the fender makes the "stance" look great.

Anyone know of any options? I contacted SpiderTrax and they said they don't make anything for the WK2, which is different than the WK.

Vivid 11-09-2012 05:33 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Hmm. I dont know why they would be different. The bolt pattern is the same on a WK and WK2.

Vrrooom 11-09-2012 08:00 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
The lugs on a wk2 are much thicker.

kevster 11-09-2012 08:28 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech these guys are the best, HIGH QUALITY..

bit50 11-09-2012 11:07 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Rocky Road sells 1.5" and 2" spacers
Jeep Grand Cherokee lift kit, 2011, 2012 - Suspension lift

Alaska-HWY JK 11-10-2012 12:47 AM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
If they didn't say Spidertrax or Poly Performance on them they'd never be bolted to any of my vehicles.

turbospartan 11-12-2012 10:14 AM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK (Post 709358)
If they didn't say Spidertrax or Poly Performance on them they'd never be bolted to any of my vehicles.

Have you had a bad experience with brands other than those 2?

I had these on my Audi for 4 years: Home Page > Search > Audi Wheel Spacer > ES#2167462 20mm Wheel Spacer Kit - 002411ECS03A20KT

Had no problems ever.

Just want to make sure I don't get the death wobble or my wheels fall off or something, if I put some spacers on the Jeep.

I contacted SpiderTrax again and they said they have no plans for WK2 spacers at this time.

Alaska-HWY JK 11-12-2012 10:39 AM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
I talked to Spidertrax in May and they said the same thing. There's a guy on another forum who drilled out his Spidertrax spacers for the larger studs an has no issues. While it would be easy enough to do I didn't like the Overland 18s and choose to buy aftermarket rims with a +25mm offset.I personally haven't had issues with spacers but have bought other products for my JK from Rugged Ridge who sell spacers and from the quality of those products wouldn't trust my wheels on them. I know nothing about Audis but any Jeep forum will name very few trusted brands of spacers, the above being 2 of them.

JMP8562 11-14-2012 06:18 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbospartan (Post 709116)
So I know there is one guy on here (white Altitude, I believe) that had some custom spacers made.

Has anyone found ANY spacers for sale that would work for our WK2's?

Coming from the Audi scene before moving to Jeep, making the face of the wheels flush with the lip of the fender makes the "stance" look great.

Anyone know of any options? I contacted SpiderTrax and they said they don't make anything for the WK2, which is different than the WK.

just ordered mine from motorsport :D the guy that i delt with "Lenny Stahl" was a down to earth guy. Also a big plus is, they are made i the USA and with american made machines :thumbsup: the pricing was Fantastic. I got the 1.25" i will give an update with a few before after pictures when i get them.
here's a link to there site.
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Centric Rings | Motorsport Tech

turbospartan 11-15-2012 02:27 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMP8562 (Post 711208)
just ordered mine from motorsport :D the guy that i delt with "Lenny Stahl" was a down to earth guy. Also a big plus is, they are made i the USA and with american made machines :thumbsup: the pricing was Fantastic. I got the 1.25" i will give an update with a few before after pictures when i get them.
here's a link to there site.
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Centric Rings | Motorsport Tech


Definitely would like to see photos once you put them on. I thought the lugs were different between the WK and WK2... so I'm not sure why Spidertrax tells me one things but the link you provided works on ALL GC's?

JMP8562 11-15-2012 03:41 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
that is why i called and talked to Lenny to make sure we were on the same page :D I have the 20" rims and not sure if their is a difference in thread pitch between 18" 20" wk or the wk2s 3.6 5.7 so to be safe i gave him a call

Alaska-HWY JK 11-15-2012 04:02 PM

Re: I Want Spacers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbospartan (Post 711524)
Definitely would like to see photos once you put them on. I thought the lugs were different between the WK and WK2... so I'm not sure why Spidertrax tells me one things but the link you provided works on ALL GC's?

That link is for Bora spacers not Spidertrax.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community