Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Best All Weather tire for GC QTII (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/best-all-weather-tire-for-gc-qtii-50075.html)

Clark Kent 11-09-2012 02:53 PM

Best All Weather tire for GC QTII

I got a 2008 GC Overland with the 5.7 and QTII this summer.

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3 on all my other Jeeps and love them. I get 50 to 60K out of each set.

I travel Montana and Wyoming so I need a good tire.

Trouble is Cooper doesn't make the Discoverer AT3 in 245/60R 18 (the size my Jeep Overland has.)

Cooper does have the Discoverer CTS in that size, but it's more of a highway tire. (I don't go off road) so I'm thinking the CTS. It has a 70K warranty.

The AT3 really is a better winter tread. But they say the CTS is REALLY quiet and is ok in the snow.

So are there tires out there that have a tread like the AT3? Will the Discoverer CTS be a good time for my car on the snow covered roads of Mt. and Wyoming.

Anyone out there running Discoverer CTS or AT3? or anything else? I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks is advance. CK

4jeepdiesel 11-09-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Best All Weather tire for GC QTII

I have a 2010 Laredo and all I can tell you is the Goodyear Silent Armor has been a VERY good tire for me. I have put over 53K on them and can probably get another 30K out of them safely.
I do travel off road quite a bit and tons of highway driving. I'm in Minnesota so we see it all. Torrential rains, glare ice, deep snow, super hot and super cold.
I've been very pleased with the performance and longevity of this tire. I feel its only fault is that it doesn't look that aggressive from the sidewall perspective even though the tread is very good.

paroxysym 11-13-2012 08:39 AM

i like the bfg rugged terrain

Bikemobile 11-13-2012 12:05 PM

In your size: cooper weather masterwinter tire

Or you could look for a set of 17" rims from a wk jeep. Lots of tire options for the 17's.

Rammer500 12-01-2012 09:43 PM

I put the CTS's on our Overland in October. I like them and they should do good in the snow. Go look at them in person, lots of sipes and grooves, and the corners of the tread blocks are stepped away from the following ones. They are quiet and great in the rain. Haven't had any snow yet to try them out.

4jeepdiesel 04-11-2013 12:01 PM

goodyear silent armors- I have 60+K on them and I can probably get another 15-20. I drive on and off road. No issues. Great in all terrain/weather. Surprisingly quiet.

paroxysym 04-11-2013 02:27 PM

ran the silent armors and liked them. the rugged terrains are cheaper, the dynapros are cheaper too and a nice aggressive tire too.