Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/)
-   -   Rear view camera poor quality (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/rear-view-camera-poor-quality-50215.html)

Spmmorrow 11-13-2012 12:57 AM

Rear view camera poor quality

Is it just me or does the rear view camera have terrible picture quality. I haven't had time to check other jeeps at the dealer to compare. The camera in my Lexus is 10x better. I guess I was hoping for more with a higher priced purchase.

I actually thought the dealer may have left some plastic over the lens or something but I checked and that's not the case

Scottina06 11-13-2012 07:17 AM

Re: Rear view camera poor quality

Mine is very good.

Im pretty sure theres a TSB or a fix anyway...let me look quickly

SRT8BLK 11-13-2012 07:40 AM

Crystal clear here as well, even at night.

bill_de 11-13-2012 07:43 AM

While on the topic of rear view cameras, I have a question. Does the Jeep camera have multiple views?

My current vehicle has standard, wide angle, and straight down. The last being very helpful when hooking up a trailer.

Spmmorrow 11-13-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 710501)
Mine is very good.

Im pretty sure theres a TSB or a fix anyway...let me look quickly

Let me know if you find out anything. I would love to get this corrected. Ours looks very blurry, best description would be that it appears to be out of focus or has a plastic cover over it.

Scottina06 11-13-2012 03:02 PM

sorry...I thought I remembered seeing something in the nonSRT wk2 forum...but I cant find anything.

SRT8BLK 11-13-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 710509)
While on the topic of rear view cameras, I have a question. Does the Jeep camera have multiple views?

My current vehicle has standard, wide angle, and straight down. The last being very helpful when hooking up a trailer.

Single view only.

Yadkin 11-13-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spmmorrow (Post 710432)
Is it just me or does the rear view camera have terrible picture quality. I haven't had time to check other jeeps at the dealer to compare. The camera in my Lexus is 10x better. I guess I was hoping for more with a higher priced purchase.

I actually thought the dealer may have left some plastic over the lens or something but I checked and that's not the case

Mine's clear. Try cleaning the lens.

radbushi 11-16-2012 03:13 PM

Mines clear but I like useing the mirrors. I turned the sound off too.

ChEB 11-16-2012 11:40 PM

its probably fine. there are a # of other vehicles that just have better screen resolution for the video.