Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Does anybody have the Samsung Galaxy Note...? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/does-anybody-have-the-samsung-galaxy-note-50221.html)

IXFE 11-13-2012 04:19 AM

Does anybody have the Samsung Galaxy Note...?

I'm thinking of upgrading from iPhone 4 to Samsung Galaxy Note II. I really like the BIG A$$ screen!

But one concern I have is where will it ride when I drive? My iPhone rides nicely in one of the cup holders. But I wonder if the Note II will fit in there.

If you have a Note or Note II, tell me where it rides in your WK2.

http://images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-...iphone-4s4.jpg

Scottina06 11-13-2012 06:58 AM

Re: Does anybody have the Samsung Galaxy Note...?

I dont have the Note 2 yet...but Im getting ready to get it

nonopr01 11-13-2012 08:09 AM

Why dont you buy a laptop instead. IS same size....:)
Does not fit in the cup holder, Sorry!!!

Hockey37 11-13-2012 12:08 PM

Actually my Note fit in the back cupholder. This was without a case.

Just got the Note 2, and am using the Samsung TPU case. I still just stick in in the rear cupholder. The Note 2 should fit in the back cupholder without a case, the the Note 2 is not as wide as the original Note.

spw303 11-22-2012 11:55 AM

I have the new Note2. It fits perfectly inside the small center console, where your right arm rests. The top compartment.

padgett 12-09-2012 10:17 AM

Akron has a number of stalk holders that use a seat bolt and depending on the end can handle anything from a 3" cell phone to a 10" tablet (-588 is good for up to 7"). I did have to add a 5" extension cut from some 1/8 aluminum barstock to get it high enough.

For smaller devices Mountaintec makes a CD-slot holder that works well.

Right now I am using three devices on the dash- a wireless rear view camera display, a 5" GPS, and a 7" Samsung tab 2. My cell phone can serve as a hotspot but between U-connect and a Smart Watch, it never leaves my belt.

Just got an Acer W510 tab with a 10" screen running the full Windows 8 (not RT) and am working to combine all three current monitors into this one. My first look finds some annoyances but seems to be a lot better for automotive use than my iPad particularly since it supports an EasyCap video input and has an HDMI output.

Only downside I have seen is that the USB port is a bit anemic - had to add aux 5v power to my hub and unlike the Tab 2, it doesn't fit in my jacket pocket.

stevesprivateaccount 12-09-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 721964)
Akron has a number of stalk holders that use a seat bolt and depending on the end can handle anything from a 3" cell phone to a 10" tablet (-588 is good for up to 7"). I did have to add a 5" extension cut from some 1/8 aluminum barstock to get it high enough.

For smaller devices Mountaintec makes a CD-slot holder that works well.

Right now I am using three devices on the dash- a wireless rear view camera display, a 5" GPS, and a 7" Samsung tab 2. My cell phone can serve as a hotspot but between U-connect and a Smart Watch, it never leaves my belt.

Just got an Acer W510 tab with a 10" screen running the full Windows 8 (not RT) and am working to combine all three current monitors into this one. My first look finds some annoyances but seems to be a lot better for automotive use than my iPad particularly since it supports an EasyCap video input and has an HDMI output.

Only downside I have seen is that the USB port is a bit anemic - had to add aux 5v power to my hub and unlike the Tab 2, it doesn't fit in my jacket pocket.

With all of that on your dash is there still room to see out? ;)

FAUEE 12-09-2012 02:38 PM

I just bought a Note 2 a few days ago. It fits everywhere fine. I used to put my Galaxy S in the top portion of the center console, it fits there, but I do need to switch to a smaller USB car charger (something with a 90 degree angle should fix the issue). The phone is so big that ti takes up most of that nice little compartment.

I have to say, it's an AWESOME phone. Fast, powerful, great screen, and the stylus is flat out amazing. I'm likely going to get a Note 10.1 as well, the stylus writing is a beast for productivity and marking up schematics and designs. Makes the Apple stuff look like a bunch of children's toys.

Tybalt39 12-10-2012 12:07 PM

Windshield-mount holder.
Same on a goose-neck.

I have used similar for my last two phones. I have both for my current RAZR MAXX (goose-neck and fixed). The goose-neck has very mild vibration but has a more versatile mounting location. The fixed mount has NO vibration, but I have to mount it somewhat in my line-of-sight to make it convenient in this vehicle.