Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Auto Highbeam (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/auto-highbeam-50275.html)

iwearpumas 11-14-2012 01:08 AM

Auto Highbeam

I have yet to see my auto high beams come on. I have the settings set the way the instructions said to set them. I live in NYC, so could the reason be that its because there are lights on every corner?

Studgun 11-14-2012 01:41 AM

Even dull street lights seem to stop mine. Haven't had a chance to test them on the open highway yet. I'll have a go after work tonight and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoda42 11-14-2012 02:57 AM

I found even a bright half moon would drop it back to low beam, so I've turned auto high beam off and just do it the old fashioned way

Hickers 11-14-2012 05:54 AM

Re: Auto Highbeam

Great idea but doesn't work with driving lights as the reflections from road signs and even roadside reflectors turn the high beam off! Very disconcerting.

ChuckinMA 11-14-2012 07:00 AM

I had the same concern initially, but once I was out of a semi urban area and the associated ambient light, they worked fine. It's an option I didn't know I'd appreciate!

JFD328 11-14-2012 07:55 AM

My auto highbeam come on whenever there is not enough light for a long period of time (15- 20 second delay). However, the road leading to my apartment does not have light And is surrounded by trees and my auto highbeam go on just a handful of times while on that street at night. To test it out I sat in my car on that road in park about 4 times and only 1 time my auto highbeams when on.

berk483 11-14-2012 08:06 AM

You have to be going more than 10mph for you high beams to go on if you have the auto feature enabled.

Yadkin 11-14-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwearpumas (Post 710885)
I have yet to see my auto high beams come on. I have the settings set the way the instructions said to set them. I live in NYC, so could the reason be that its because there are lights on every corner?

I thought the power was still out there. ;)

brandont 11-14-2012 01:28 PM

Also, if they are 'set correctly' then when the lights come on there will be a message on the dash - something like "Automatic High Beams On".

iwearpumas 11-15-2012 12:30 AM

The power is out on the coast lines.

mot250 11-21-2012 07:42 PM

You may not notice them come on as the "Smart Beam" technology turns them on slowly. For this reason, as well as they turn off on me on rural roads when I come upon a highly reflective street sign, I do not use the auto-high-beam feature.

I simply turn on the high beams manually when I need them and turn them off when I don't or when approaching other cars.

It's pretty simple, really, and when I manually turn them on they are instantly at full power.

armoredsaint 11-21-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda42 (Post 710900)
I found even a bright half moon would drop it back to low beam, so I've turned auto high beam off and just do it the old fashioned way

+1 - i turned it off and use it manually.

i did test it out in a country road and it works as advertised, but it's really sensitive.