Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   2013 White Altitude build. ATTITUDE! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/2013-white-altitude-build-attitude-50283.html)

Tussle 11-14-2012 11:03 AM

2013 White Altitude build. ATTITUDE!

3 Attachment(s)
Not sure where to put this since it includes visual, wheel/tire, and exhaust mods, so I guess this is the best place. I know some of you are waiting for pics on one item or another, and I am going to take some good clean pics and post them here when the car is cleaned up, but here are a couple of teasers. Here is what you will see,

2013 Altitude in white
Chrome window trim blacked out
Front windows tinted
Mesh grill and lower lip blacked out
22 x 10.5 Giovanna Kilis in matte black, and black calipers
305/40/22 Cooper Zeons (this wheel and tire combo requires the removal of the bottom 3 threads on the strut tower on both left and right side of the car in the front, and just barely touches felt in the back. I would suggest something smaller tire wise, or narrower wheel wise, but damn it looks tough?
Borla, SRT8 axle back S-Type exhaust blacked out.

So be patient and I will post good clean pics as soon as I am able, and maybe even a sound clip or video of the exhaust if I can get that worked out.

jzeitawi 11-14-2012 11:24 AM

Re: 2013 White Altitude build. ATTITUDE!

Damn that thing is gonna look sweeeeeeet. Congrats on your clean looking ride way to try something different

Tussle 11-14-2012 01:32 PM

Thanks bud, can't wait to clean it up a little and get some legit pics. Quick update on the exhaust, it's not quite as plug and play as I had hoped! My boy is now chopping up my new Borla, to make it work, so at this point, if you are looking for something super easy to install, do not go this route! But, it will look fantastic when done, so it's worth it to me.

subbie09 11-14-2012 01:35 PM

howd you go about blacking out the grill mesh and chrome strip. I want to do the same thing with my Altitude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

physedfailure 11-14-2012 02:02 PM

assuming you used black lug nuts? which did you use? where did you get them? or do the altitudes already come with black lugs...

Tussle 11-14-2012 02:32 PM

Subbie, I had the grill, lip, and chrome window trim painted yesterday.

Physed, The Altitude does not come with black lug nuts, but I got a set with my wheels, so it does have black lug nuts on it now. You can get them at about any tire/wheel shop. I also ordered sensors for the new wheels so I don't have to swap with the stockers.

ooja3k 11-14-2012 02:44 PM

Subscribing for Borla news ;)

Tussle 11-14-2012 02:54 PM

Ha! OK, but so far the news is, the stock exhaust needs to be sleeved to match up to the larger SRT8 pipes, but I new that would be the case to start. When mounted up, the tip are at angles, or not straight in the valance holes, and one is quite a bit longer than the other. Cut and weld, 3 spots on each, and back in and all lined up! Like I stated earlier, not a real plug and play, you need a good relationship with your exhaust dude to pull this off!

ooja3k 11-14-2012 02:57 PM

How does it sound? Is the extra hassle worth it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Interprise 11-14-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooja3k (Post 711095)
Subscribing for Borla news ;)

Same here. Would like to see underside pics showing all the modifications.

moosehead 11-14-2012 03:29 PM

+ rep for the extra mod efforts, nice work stuffing the twenny twens in there. subscribed.

Tussle 11-14-2012 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow you guys are impatient! I won't get it back for about 4 more hours, so I don't know how it sounds or looks in person yet, but here is a quick teaser shot before it's completed.