Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   so many problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/so-many-problems-50302.html)

Barry3611 11-14-2012 09:21 PM

so many problems

Wow it seems there are so many problems .. I guess others are experiencing the same low dependability that I am

bill_de 11-14-2012 09:33 PM

Re: so many problems

I have been learning a lot from this site as I get closer to ordering a MY14.
One thing that concerns me is the number of owners who feel the Jeep in unreliable.

I realize that we're more likely to hear about people with problems than those without, but I'm wondering if there are any trouble free Jeeps out there.

The only Jeep I ever owned, an '07 Liberty never needed any kind of repair. Was that a fluke?

Also , do I understand correctly that even if a car is in for warranty service, the Jeep warranty does not provide a loaner?

Barry3611 11-14-2012 09:39 PM

My first Jeep was a 1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport. That was a simple but very good and reliable vehicle. The next one was a 1999 Grand. Both were 4x4. I thought the Grand would be a step up but it had many problems. I swore off Jeeps after that but was sold by the new ads and what I read on online review pages (those are worthless in my opinion). Now I have a 2012 Grand Laredo 4x4... terrible vehicle

Scottina06 11-14-2012 09:43 PM

expand.....whats wrong with it?

Barry3611 11-14-2012 09:50 PM

What's wrong with it? let's see... First I bought it in May and have just over 8000 miles on it. Less than one month after buying it the right CV joint went out in the middle of 5 lanes of interstate... then the a/c went out.. I am still trying to get the plastic back of the front passenger seat fixed (it does not fit tight), the UConnect does not work about half the time, the passive entry system, or whatever it is called, does not lock the doors without having to push the button several times... squeaks, .. the test drive was good but I blame myself for not researching it better

Madanio24 11-14-2012 09:56 PM

My jeep may have some problems over the years but nothing to effect the reliability of it at all. Mine has never not started for me and has always been there to be dependable over the years. Every car has some issues.

ajs800 11-14-2012 09:59 PM

interesting...I've not heard of any of these issues. I've owned several jeeps over the years and while they had their fair share of issues, my '11 doesn't even come close in comparison. yes, my overland has had a couple minor issues (bad sensor and one rattle), but overall is very solid and well built.

denis4x4 11-14-2012 10:25 PM

I have a '13 Overland Summit special order due in this week and it will be my sixth new Jeep. Even counting at least four used Jeeps, problems have been minor and easily fixed by the dealer. After reading a number of threads here, I can't help but wonder if buyer expectations are realistic when it comes to the Jeep brand.

bill_de 11-14-2012 10:34 PM

I'm glad to hear that there are satisfied customers. I don't mind a few trips to the dealer to get some minor things straightened out. Guess I'm still on track for a 14 Overland. :)

What about the loaner car issue and the Chrysler warranty? I never had a car where they didn't provide a car if they kept mine overnight. With the Acura, at least my dealer, provides a car even if its just for a few hours. They even have it running and waiting when you walk out the door.

Barry3611 11-14-2012 10:35 PM

Well, I believe my expectations are realistic. Would anyone realistically expect a vehicle's CV joint to go out with less than 1000 miles on it? Or the a/c go out with less than 2000 miles? I have a Toyota with 205000 miles. The CV joint has never gone out, the a/c has never gone out in fact I have not done anything but regular maintenance....maybe I am spoiled

Madanio24 11-14-2012 10:35 PM

With the srt they may do that hahaha!!!

kkreit01 11-15-2012 10:53 AM

11 months. > 12k miles. I've only been to the dealer for free oil changes. Once they are over, I hope to never drive a tire in there again :).

There -- you've heard from someone who hasn't had a problem. I agree though -- it is somewhat depressing around here --- to read of all the issues. I think >50% of the people join to complain.