Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Problem with side view blinkers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/problem-with-side-view-blinkers-50402.html)

Lerfsex 11-17-2012 09:54 AM

Problem with side view blinkers

Hi, people I installed a limited chrome side view mirror to my Laredo 70th anniversary. It was plug and play. The electronic mirror works correctly but the blinkers don't do anything. Do any know what I have to do to get it works? Do I have the warring diagram of the mirror or the module?

viper99 11-17-2012 10:19 AM

Re: Problem with side view blinkers

If your old mirrors did not have the signal lamps intergrated into the mirrors, first need to make sure the wireing is there going to there mirrors, most likely is, then you will need to take your Jeep to the dealer, they will have to add that option code (for mirrors with inter. signals in them) and then reconfigure your jeep with scan tool to make that option work.

Lerfsex 11-19-2012 08:55 PM

I went to the dealer and they said that they scan it and it does'nt work.
Do anyone know what could I do to make it works.

viper99 11-19-2012 11:02 PM

If the dealer just did a scan of Jeep, that will do nothing, dealer has to go into dealer connect, with your vin, and add option code for side mirrors with intergrated signal lights, then after that option code has been added, they have to use WiTech scan tool and connect to Chrysler and do a reconfigure on your Jeep to add that option onto your Jeeps computer for it to work, just scaning Jeep and looking for it will do nothing. Had to do this to my Jeep when I added factory Hitch and wiring, my jeep had the wiring there for the trailer, just had to plug in factory trialer plug. Trailer wiring did not work until I added option code for trailer package and reconfigured my Jeep, then trailer wireing worked fine.

Lerfsex 11-20-2012 10:27 PM

I will try again and let you know. Thanks

viper99 11-23-2012 08:30 AM

Any luck?, keep us updated.

Lerfsex 12-05-2012 10:24 PM

No good news. I went to the dealer and they add all the codes to the computer. And it doesn't do anything. I don't know if you have the wiring diagram or a way to make it works?

Scottina06 12-05-2012 10:28 PM

sounds like they cant or didnt add the sales code through dealer connect. I tried this with my durango and it was impossible to add the sales code on my Durango.

You could aslo tap into the front turn lamps and run a wire back to the mirror.

viper99 12-07-2012 08:55 PM

Sorry Lerfsex trying to find a pinout of mirror connector, can not seem to find one, I will keep trying and update you if I can, suggest calling or maybe trying another dealer, hoping they took the right steps for you.