Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels/Tires/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/)
-   -   Quick Tire Warranty Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/quick-tire-warranty-question-50466.html)

Jamesla30 11-19-2012 02:49 AM

Quick Tire Warranty Question

So I need new tires... the last ones I got have about 20,000 miles left on the original 60,000 warranty. I still have the original paperwork from when I bought these tires... my question is... I beleive the tires normally have a 5 year/60,000 warranty. I am past the 5 year warranty by about a month, but the original paperwork doesn't state anything about 5 years... only the 60,000 miles....

Still think I have a chance of getting a prorated discount on my new purchase, or are they gonna try to screw me?

georgeda 11-19-2012 07:18 AM

Re: Quick Tire Warranty Question

If you have 20k left on the tires and there is nothing wrong with any of them, they will tell you to use that 20k (drive with them) and you will have received your moneys' worth!

Jamesla30 11-19-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgeda (Post 712894)
If you have 20k left on the tires and there is nothing with any of them, they will tell you to use that 20k (drive with them) and you will have received your moneys' worth!

The warranty has 20000 left. The tires are done... bald as a babys butt.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

01grand 11-19-2012 12:51 PM

In that case I would take them back and see what they will give you. If you have only 40k miles on a 60k tire and they are bald you should get a prorated amount back for the remaining warranty miles.

TJXJWJ 11-19-2012 02:42 PM

What kind of tires are they so we never buy them?? Did you rotate them regularly? You know they will ask you if you rotated them. I hope you get something out of them!

Jamesla30 11-19-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 713055)
What kind of tires are they so we never buy them?? Did you rotate them regularly? You know they will ask you if you rotated them. I hope you get something out of them!

They are Firestone Destination LE's... actually pretty good tires... I did rotate, but probably not as often as I should of, and they may have been severely underinflated for the last 10k or so ;)

If they ask... of course I rotated and kept inflated ;)

I am guessing they will find a way to deny any prorated cost, but worth trying I suppose.

TJXJWJ 11-19-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesla30 (Post 713069)
They are Firestone Destination LE's... actually pretty good tires... I did rotate, but probably not as often as I should of, and they may have been severely underinflated for the last 10k or so ;)

If they ask... of course I rotated and kept inflated ;)

I am guessing they will find a way to deny any prorated cost, but worth trying I suppose.

Those are damn good tires! Underinflation will eat them up...but if you can argue your case and get some credit, then more power to ya. They don't have to know. Bastards probably screw people daily. Anyhow, for treadlife, I've always loved the BFG A/T. :thumbsup:

TheStreet16 11-19-2012 04:16 PM

I was gonna say just tell them you followed everything by the book! lol As long as they cant physically see any damage to them (that's not covered in the warranty) that you caused to them they should give you some sort of credit.