Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Drivers Side Legroom (6'5") JGC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/drivers-side-legroom-65-jgc-50533.html)

morfred 11-20-2012 10:33 AM

Drivers Side Legroom (6'5") JGC

1st post-please go easy.
I test drove a GC and it seemed OK but I am not sure how comfortable the legroom would be long term.
Have any other of you tall guys (6'3" and up) driven one for a while?
Were you satisfied or did you wish that you had more legroom after driving one for a few months or more.
I am 64yo and more than once I test drove cars only to find out months later that a test drive is not the same as driving it daily.
Thanks for any help.

SixZeroFour 11-20-2012 10:55 AM

Re: Drivers Side Legroom (6'5") JGC

I'm not quite that tall but pushing 6'1" and find the leg room length wise to be fine but do find that my right leg/knee sometime becomes a little uncomfortable on longer drives. Because of the larger centre console down the middle I find my calf/knee rests againsed the side sometimes causing the discomfort. I'm sure a quick seat re-adjustment would fix it but I'm used to driving in a certain position and am stuck in my ways...

If you are seriously considering buying a GC I would suggest renting one for a few days and get a good mini-road trip in to see how comfortable you are come end of the day.

Good luck!

mike0227 11-20-2012 11:02 AM

Im 6'3 and ive had my jeep since april. I have no problem with legroom . If you get the power seats im sure theres a position you can find to keep you comfortable.

Schweibs 11-20-2012 11:34 AM

I'm 6' 2" tall and I am very comfortable driving my Jeep. I could take it on a 10 hour road trip and be fine. However I have my driver seat moved back which creates a very slight rear legroom problem. If you won't be having any one ride in the back seats then push your seat all the way back and telescope the steering wheel towards yourself.

JTS97Z28 11-20-2012 11:45 AM

Im not tall by any means just your average 6ft'er, but the Jeeps legroom is pretty impressive if you ask me. At 6ft tall I can move the drivers seat so far back that I can almost not reach the pedals.

bill_de 11-20-2012 11:54 AM

I am not that tall, but except for 2 TrailBlazers I have always driven with the seat all the way back. I often wondered, since few cars on the road have four occupants, the car makers don't provide driver's seats that go back further. If you needed to seat somebody behind the driver you could always move it up, but the rest of the time a tall driver could be comfortable.

smcoverland 11-20-2012 11:56 AM

I'm 6'7", 270 lbs. Plenty of leg room, head room & hip room. I'm amazed you little people can even drive these man-sized vehicles. :)

n0bread 11-20-2012 11:58 AM

I'm 6 5. Haven't had the jeep long but a few three hour drives. I rest my right leg on the center console a bit and I find that comfortable. I drive with the steering wheel telescoped fully out (Laredo x) and that makes for a much more comfortable seating position. I usually move the seat a small amount during a long drive to help shift positions a little bit too.

Tybalt39 11-20-2012 02:28 PM

6'2" here. No complaint with legroom, but would like more headroom. Now that I am in a "truck" (drove only sedans before), I like to sit with my knees bent like in a bench, rather than having my legs mostly extended in front of me (like in a sub-compact).

To accomplish this, I want to raise the seat. I can't without hitting the roof-liner.

Also (as has been mentioned many times before), the optimal steering-wheel position may block the instrument cluster.

YMMV

Scottina06 11-20-2012 03:00 PM

6'6" here....most comfortable vehicle Ive ever driven

mhardine 11-20-2012 04:05 PM

i am 6'6" and 285 lb and its super comfortable. the only bad thing i can say is that the e-brake pedal, its in my shin if i put my left foot on the dead pedal. so i have to put my foot flat on the floor in front of the dead pedal

jno34 11-20-2012 06:59 PM

6'8" and it's very comfortable for me. Have been on several road trips that were 400+ miles and have had no issues.