Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   airbag light (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/airbag-light-5059.html)

jdubgrand 12-28-2009 03:41 PM

airbag light

my light on my dash for my passenger airbag is on and also if somebody is not sitting in the passenger seat it will light up on console and say passenger airbag off but that is not lighting up either

White WK Swagga 12-28-2009 03:42 PM

Re: airbag light

Is there anything on the seat? I'm not sure if jeep does it but with nissan if someone or something is in the seat and under 75lbs it cuts the pass airbag.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-28-2009 03:53 PM

I had the same problem it's the wiring underneath the seat ... mine was a little lose I just tigtened it at the end and it was good to go

Scottina06 12-28-2009 04:34 PM

check the harness under the seat....if not it may need reset by a dealer

jdubgrand 12-31-2009 12:57 AM

it was a fuse

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-31-2009 08:57 AM

well at least you found out what it was :)

Scottina06 12-31-2009 09:04 AM

LOL...sometimes we miss the obvious

jasonjsl 11-04-2010 01:10 PM

Which fuse did you have to replace...im havin the exact same problem...

jes_96 11-04-2010 02:00 PM

I've been having a similar problem, as follows ....

‘Fasten Belt’ warning light on dash stays on when nobody is in passenger seat and I am in drivers seat with seatbelt buckled. When I plug the passenger seatbelt in with nobody in the seat, the light goes out. When someone is in the passenger seat with the seatbelt buckled, the ‘Airbag Malfunction Light’ comes on intermittently (about 60% of time). This light will occasionally turn on and off several times during a trip of 30 minutes or so.

The dealer has had my Jeep for two weeks. They called yesterday and told me they needed to order a part that would be shipping from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.

I bought this Jeep ('06 5.7 Ltd w/ 39k miles) as a certified used vehicle on October 7th. I've gotten to drive it twice. And this airbag malfunction is only one of several things that need to be addressed (that didn't present themselves when I test drove the vehicle). Needless to say, I'm becoming less then thrilled with my first Jeep experience.

jasonjsl 11-04-2010 02:10 PM

So whats wrong with it? which part are they replacing?

iJeep 11-04-2010 02:19 PM

I had similar problem. My was the seat belt tensioner.

jes_96 11-04-2010 02:59 PM

When I asked him what part was being replaced, he replied, "I think its the sensor plate in the seat that's misaligned". I had a headache. I wasn't in the mood for any sort of anguish, so I went home. I have a feeling this is gonna get really ugly. If it was, in fact, simply a sensor in the seat, why did it take a week and a half to diagnose it? And when I asked about the 'crow hop', seat heater malfunction, transponder key, shudder at 65 mph, and failed front differential center isolation bushing, he replied, "we'll be looking at all the stuff on the list". We'll be???? When - X-mas? Ugh. BUT, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, since the manager told me they would 'make it right' and gave me a loaner car in the meantime, but, truth be told, I don't know which is worse, driving a RAV4, or walking. Oi vei.