Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Fuel usage (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/fuel-usage-50603.html)

Kevingriffin4 11-22-2012 08:36 AM

Fuel usage
 
Hi all
Does any one here think the V6 cherokee 2012 model suck to much fuel.
We drive very light on the peddle , echo mode, and get 14.5 per 100 km.
Its a new vehicle and has 2800 km on it. What does yours get.
:cool:

Jim_in_PA 11-22-2012 08:55 AM

Re: Fuel usage
 
There are quite a few threads here regarding fuel economy. Depending on how one drives, it can be great or it can be not-great. I have the V8 and get what I consider good fuel economy because of how I naturally drive and because I'm not doing a lot of "city" driving...all rural and Interstate. My wife would be getting 20% less or worse mileage in my Jeep just because of the difference in how she pilots vehicles. (much heavier foot)

Kevingriffin4 11-22-2012 08:58 AM

Hi Jim tx . We generally drive on eco mode an not heavy. But just seems a bit heavy, would expect maybe 12 or so per 100 km, not 14.5.
Guess it comes with a price!

scooterha 11-22-2012 09:07 AM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Nah I don't think it does, an engine that sucked fuel is the 3.7 V6 I saw the same fuel economy in it as a Hemi owner would. With that being said the new V6 I see 18 city and about 24 highway, a vast improvement over the 3.7 engine.

DurangoZJ 11-22-2012 10:53 AM

I'm at 14.5 city and just did 17.8 on a 400mi drive through Colorado. Disappointed, but I am heavy on the accelerator. In retrospect I should have gotten the HEMI.

padgett 11-22-2012 11:36 AM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Something is wrong either with the vehicle or the driving conditions. I am averaging 19-20 around town and 23-24 on the Interstate with the Pentastar. Of course this would be considered flatlands, am at sea level, and never drive less than 5 miles at a time. Did get over 22 for a week in the hills around Franklin, NC.

Are you showing any misfires ?

JTS97Z28 11-22-2012 01:24 PM

Re: Fuel usage
 
I have logged every full up since new for my 2012 Overland V6. It does pretty well on fuel. I typically average 18 to 19mpg without ever touching a highway. My driving is far suburban.

jeelo 11-22-2012 03:20 PM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevingriffin4 (Post 714244)
Hi all
Does any one here think the V6 cherokee 2012 model suck to much fuel.
We drive very light on the peddle , echo mode, and get 14.5 per 100 km.
Its a new vehicle and has 2800 km on it. What does yours get.
:cool:

I'm getting anywhere between 13.3-13.7 per 100km. I live in Toronto so I'm pretty much in 90% city driving, the traffic in Toronto is terrible. I do have 38,xxxkm on it.

bikerbill 11-22-2012 03:37 PM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 714293)
Something is wrong either with the vehicle or the driving conditions. I am averaging 19-20 around town and 23-24 on the Interstate with the Pentastar. Of course this would be considered flatlands, am at sea level, and never drive less than 5 miles at a time. Did get over 22 for a week in the hills around Franklin, NC.

Are you showing any misfires ?


My overland Pentastar gets about the same. 'course my 'around town' is very rural.

Wxchaser 11-22-2012 03:42 PM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Recently I have been testing fuel mileage on my V6 '12 GC Overland. Overall I would say city driving I have been averaging about 18-19 MPG and highway 24-26 MPG.

I have been using the Fuel Economy in the EVIC to constantly monitor my fuel consumption the past 2 tankfuls - and I was able to raise my city driving numbers to over 21 MPH. Of course it is not nearly as much fun driving with a lighter foot, coasting towards stops, etc. Most of my driving is non-highway, rural roads, but some of the roads I am on are 40 MPH limits. I am pretty happy with the mileage, after turning 9000 miles on my Jeep about a week ago. I can sure tell when the mileage drops if I fast foot it though!

WickedXJ 11-22-2012 03:46 PM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeelo (Post 714348)
I'm getting anywhere between 13.3-13.7 per 100km. I live in Toronto so I'm pretty much in 90% city driving, the traffic in Toronto is terrible. I do have 38,xxxkm on it.

I am getting 15.2l/100km!! 30 km roundtrip to work, with hills and congested on the way home. I have gotten in the 9's on the highway though! I have 5500kms on it.

padgett 11-22-2012 06:24 PM

Re: Fuel usage
 
Divide 235 by liters/100 km to get MPG or verse the vice. Crossover is at about 15.3 liters/100km~15.3 MPG. My experience is that the EVIC reads from .5 mpg to 1 mpg high compared to actual consumption.

My MPG above is on E10/87 PON regular.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community