Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Power Sunroof

5K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Tybalt39 
#1 ·
So my jeep got washed away with sandy :( but now I'm back looking for another Jeep. The jeep I am looking at has a sunroof which my old one didn't...thing is I had a bad past with them. My first car had a sunroof that rattled and leaked water after and few years.. the rental that i have now has a sunroof which also rattles non-stop. My questions is for the people that have a sunroof and good how has it been? Any rattle or leaks? or other issues? I don't want to a buy the jeep to have this problem.

#3 ·
My Overland has the "panoramic" sunroof, which takes up about 3/4 of the entire roof. I was concerned that it would start to rattle, leak, etc., especially since I do take the car off-road "energetically" and I'm sure the frame gets plenty of twisting loads placed on it, plus vibration from washboarded roads, etc.

I'm happy to say the sunroof (and the entire vehicle) has been rock-solid. No rattles or leaks.

The headliner did come loose from one of the attachment clips at one point, which resulted in a soft rattle from right behind my head, but it snapped right back into place.

22k miles.

#12 ·
42k miles. Got the pano in the O-land. Had a drain channel problem, rain leaked on the passenger A-pillar trim. It rained very hard to force this failure. The D-ship repaired the improperly installed drain channel, replaced the head liner, and all is well now. Since the repair (knocking on wood) I have had no problems.

#13 ·
Pano roof, almost exactly 2 years and 79,000 kms. Almost always have the shutter wide open. Not one issue ever with noise or operation, and no leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.