Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Boston Vs Kicker (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/boston-vs-kicker-50620.html)

roddaz 11-22-2012 03:06 PM

Boston Vs Kicker

How much better are the Kicker speakers than the Boston Accoustics?
I have found some Kickers on Ebay in the UK, Not the mopar kit but the same speakers at a very good price. Will I notice anymore Bass in the rear without getting the Kicker Subwoofer? Just by replacing the rear door speakers.

jeepguy19 11-27-2012 05:50 PM

Re: Boston Vs Kicker

not much ... if you really want the best set up keep the bosons and then get a jl audio w3 12 in sub . my one w3 blows two kicker comp subs out of the water . and they are super clear

HemiDawg 11-30-2012 04:04 PM

You probably wont hear much difference unless you replace the amp with the Kicker upgraded amp. In fact, I wasn't that impressed at first when I replaced my speakers and amp with the Kicker system, but it is getting better with time. The bass is pretty good now, but now I need to add sound-deadening to the doors because the speakers are rattling the door panels.

I still plan on adding a sub - have already run the wires, just need to hook it up.

Madanio24 11-30-2012 04:53 PM

I have a custom kicker system. With 3 way cross overs and it sounds amazing.

Galaxie500 12-05-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roddaz (Post 714347)
How much better are the Kicker speakers than the Boston Accoustics?
I have found some Kickers on Ebay in the UK, Not the mopar kit but the same speakers at a very good price. Will I notice anymore Bass in the rear without getting the Kicker Subwoofer? Just by replacing the rear door speakers.

There really is no replacement for a sub box. I have to remove my Dual 10" Kicker box every now then to hall stuff and I can really tell when it's not there. You can live without but when you do get a box there's no going back:thumbsup:

Madanio24 12-05-2012 11:30 PM

Got that right, I can't love without my base. It's like night and day.

tonydurbs 02-20-2013 04:23 PM

do not get kicker subs smh get a real brand sundown, psi, alpine, etc just not kicker lol

Madanio24 02-20-2013 08:23 PM

alpine type x !

JHKolb 04-07-2015 03:46 PM

Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life but couldn't find what I was looking for and this was the closest to continue with.

My OE amp fried so I upgraded to the full Kicker speaker/amp replacement system. Install took all of 30 minutes for all the speakers and the amp and everything seemed to work when I power up the Radio.

The issue I am having is there seems to be half the volume output of the OE amp. Sound quality is much better that stock but at comparable volume levels the new Kicker amp output seems about half what the old amp was (to my aging ears anyway).

I did read someplace that the Kicker needs to be reset somehow, but that seemed odd. Could there be an issue with the new amp's output? Do I need to do a reset somehow?

TIA