#1 ·
:slapfight:
I'm not looking to offend any1!
But I can't hold it in anymore.
So I'm just gonna say it...

IMO
Black rims on Black vehicles are all played out.:eek:
Hate seeing gloss black paint...a faded black tire and a black painted rim.:(
Along with the all blacked out truck (smoked headlights and tail lights,tinted glass and black grill)...Its all getting old boys.:sleepy:

IMO
White, Red and green colored vehicles still all look great with black rims.

Silver and gray vehicles look great with same color matched rims.:thumbsup:

Sorry had to get it out there.:p

#2 ·
different strokes for different folks... blacked out everything is a little played out, yes, but it still looks good.. and if your car/truck/jeep is already black and you wanna change the look of it with the wheels.. you dont have many options.

would i prefer my jeep in green metallic clearcoat (then gunmetal or black wheels).. yes.
am I gonna pay $3K to do that.. no.

so other than keeping wheels stock (which IMO on a black car is boring)... black is the top option. a gunmetal grey wouldnt be drastic enough a change. And i dont have a problem with the black wheels as opposed to stock. still looks good whether its played out or not.

#9 ·
Agreed! All black is Darth Vader fantasy stuff. Old school now. Black with a touch of chrome is classic. It will never die. Actually my Grand is Black Forest Green Pearl. Nobody ever picks it as not black. In fact it looks blacker than black and really shmick with a touch of chrome. I didn't realise it would be so black when I ordered it but I love it now.

#4 ·
IMO chrome is played out, and has been for a long while.

#5 ·
whether the chrome is played out or not, I'm not entirely sure.. but I am sure that I only like chrome on the grill and door moldings if i have gunmetal aev wheels on a metallic green or silver WK. otherwise, get that chrome outta my face.

especially on wheels and door handles.

#6 ·
idk mang, i've gotten tons of compliments

#8 ·
Yea same here!

#13 ·
You know it's played out when you can get b on b from the factory..

I see black on black on the road and I wish I didn't see it as much.. but I too get compliments and I still smile when I see my own black on black creation.

#11 ·
^ LMFAO Paulie!!!

#14 ·
black and chrome has been coming from the factory for years! lol

#15 ·
black on black themes?

#16 ·
no black on chrome like i stated above. obviously if something is hot the factory is going to come out with it to meet demands.

people are saying black on black is played out and i highly disagree!

#17 ·
X2 Ryan!

Altitude Editions...

btw congrats on those Giants!

#18 · (Edited)
I agree, the black wheels are getting too run-of-the-mill for me.
Mine were black when i got em. looked good,went with the trim & It got some good comments, but when I changed them to white(color matched) everyone seems to like it alot more

note:I would NEVER put white wheels on a NON-white vehicle

#19 ·
I agree, the black wheels are getting to run-of-the-mill for me.
Mine were black when i got em. looked good,went with the trim & It got some good comments, but when I changed them to white(color matched) everyone seems to like it alot more

note:I would NEVER put white wheels on a NON-white vehicle
pics please!

#21 ·
oh i have seen that... those wheels are sick.

#28 ·
lol no i followed up with ... " you are gonna really like the rims that im buying this winter" haha

#29 ·
Nice! From Darth Vader to Storm Trooper. Anyone for Wookie? :)

#30 ·
Well since we are sharing our humble opinions I have few thoughts. Chrome was cool until manufacturers began chrome clad wheels. Yes, 99% of chrome trim is plastic, but In the name of the Holy Father, don't glue plastic hub caps on my wheels and call them "Chrome Alloys" So chrome is suffering because plastic = cheap/mass produced for the masses. Real chrome rims will always have value, as long as we aren't "Blinged" to death. So enter black. When I was kid, black was the color of the wheel under the hub caps. If you find a car with hub caps (getting harder these days), it's still black. Kid at the parts store bragged about how he painted his wheels black on his Audi. So I checked it out and it looked like primer... er matte? Not good. So if you want black to look good, you need that glossy powder coat and a nice set of rims. Plasti dipping the stocks rims is like a band aid. I mostly find that it obscures the blandness of most stock rims so our eyes can return to the car itself. So the next great idea is "competition grey", but isn't that primer grey? When did primer get a gloss finish and become stylish? I think if I had a laredo with little to no chrome trim, the comp grey would be cool, but the grey and chrome do not mix. I do like white, but for as much brake dust as the stock brakes give off, that's not really a good idea. So to run white you need to upgrade to ceramic brake pads, so it's an arms race. Plus white on white is tricky. You really need to color match the white if possible and you need some chrome or black or break it up because even storm troopers have accessories. So I vote for chrome, black or white if it is done well. But cheap imitations ruin it for everyone who really likes to look at cars. No more primer and calling it matte black... And definitely no more chrome cladding or cladding of any kind for that matter. Heck, now I'm just rehashing here.

#31 ·
Well said :thumbsup:

#32 ·
I agree with you, I will admit that some cars look good blacked out but I am getting kind of sick of seeing blacked out cars. My biggest pet peave is when people plastidip their stock wheels, grill, and other parts that are unnessessary to black out. I really like white cars with black tail light and black rims. It might be the fact that I have a white Jeep with black wheels. I am however still debating whether or not to black out the lights on my Jeep.

#34 · (Edited)
I'm in love with my blacked out Jeep. It never gets old looking at it. Looks clean being debadged and no chrome. I've gotten tons of compliments and looks from people. And I'm assuming (and hoping lol) that they are staring in a good way and not in a bad way haha. But to each their own. My dad doesn't get the black on black thing, he's all about that old school chrome. Says its all these young kids that like the black on black. And to agree with someone else's post, the stock silver rims on black Jeeps just look so awkward IMO. Make it look like a moms car

#37 ·
Blue jeeps with blacked out accents look amazing in my opinion. Especially if you're more street modified. Look at Matt's. aka SvenskaJeepGuy

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

If you think that looks bad, you're lying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.