Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/)
-   -   What do you guys think about Eibach front springs on the rear? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/what-do-you-guys-think-about-eibach-front-springs-on-the-rear-50652.html)

Scottina06 11-23-2012 02:37 PM

What do you guys think about Eibach front springs on the rear?

How about adding the eibach front springs to the rear? They look almost identical and they DO fit on the rear....FYI!

What measurements are those of you dropped on eibachs have on the front?

forza 11-23-2012 03:27 PM

Re: What do you guys think about Eibach front springs on the rear?

I'm a 31.25" from ground to fender. I noticed that the roof slopes down in the back and with a little rake to the truck it looks right with the Eibach's. If I slam it, then I'm gonna want to flare the wheel wells and put the widest tires I can get on there. Who know's, I might go that direction in a couple of years. But, for now it's gonna be tuning(if they ever get me fixed), headers(getting coated now and waiting to get tuning fixed) and supercharger may be installed in the next couple of months(still working on deal). When I dropped it originally it didn't look like much, or not at all initially but it did come down. I give up measuring and noticed that I can see the top of the roof looking down now.

Scottina06 11-23-2012 03:57 PM

well...weve been experimenting and with the front springs on the rear I get 30 3/4' on the rear. Looks sick and rides great! But I need to figure out what to do with the front.....LOL

forza 11-23-2012 04:12 PM

I always kinda wondered about putting a set of front stock springs on the back.

Scottina06 11-23-2012 04:17 PM

we may be talking now......replace front springs with eibachs and then put the stock fronts on the rear.....hmmmmm

A.V.GCSRT8 11-23-2012 05:55 PM

Hell yeah scott keep us posted. Was thinking about this after you posted that the fronts fit on the back

Carbon6 11-23-2012 10:49 PM

I'm interested as well!

I still have my WK1 SRT8 Eibach springs and sway bars that I never installed, maybe someone will let me do an exchange so I don't have to buy springs all over again.

A.V.GCSRT8 11-27-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 714626)
we may be talking now......replace front springs with eibachs and then put the stock fronts on the rear.....hmmmmm

Hey Scott are the diameter of the coils the same, is that why they were able to work? Doing mine Saturday

reevlak 11-27-2012 02:55 PM

pics??

Scottina06 11-28-2012 11:15 PM

well...with the front eibachs on the rear..the camber was too much and we couldnt get it close. It will need some sort of adjustable rear bars. With the front eibachs on the rear....it measures 30.5"...slammed and sick. Rides great.....but the camber is too much. More to come

reevlak 11-29-2012 01:20 AM

I know you aren't stopping there. Adjustable bars in the making?

Scottina06 11-29-2012 01:26 AM

my guy doesnt have the faciloities to make so Im looking now for someone!