Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Overland Before and After Pics (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/overland-before-and-after-pics-50716.html)

dslide 11-24-2012 10:53 PM

Revised: Overland Before and After Pics

10 Attachment(s)
Exterior mods include:

Black Altitude Grill
Ablaze Grill Mesh
Painted Mirrors
Black Door Handles
Removed Chrome Side Strips/ Added GC Lettering
Painted Rear Brow
Replaced Rear Bumper Chrome Surround With Black
Sharkfin
Front Window Tint
Nitto Terra Grappler 275/55/20

I owe a big thanks to 67Rally for his photoshopping that helped me decide to go in this direction. So far I'm liking the less chrome but not completely blacked out look. Still considering black reps, but it may be too much black for me...we'll see. Peace.

EDIT: Added 1.25" Bora spacers from Motorsport Tech- thanks to 'JMP8562' for the info. These are exceptional quality and I'm very pleased so far. I'll report back after I've had them for a while. IMO they really improve the stance. Last 6 pictures were taken after they were installed.

akimball 11-24-2012 10:56 PM

Re: Overland Before and After Pics

looks good!

HemiFan 11-24-2012 11:03 PM

Much better!

jgc4ever 11-24-2012 11:20 PM

Looks great. Wasn't it hard to remove the sticky foam from behind the side chrome strips? It took me forever to remove the foam and sticky from behind my JEEP hood emblem and left scratches from my fingernails, which I covered up with a gloss black JEEP emblem luckily. I used a hair dryer and goo gone but it didn't help much.

jgc4ever 11-24-2012 11:27 PM

Do you have a side view picture with the new changes? And one final question, do you miss the look of the chrome handles at all?

dslide 11-24-2012 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 714974)
Looks great. Wasn't it hard to remove the sticky foam from behind the side chrome strips? It took me forever to remove the foam and sticky from behind my JEEP hood emblem and left scratches from my fingernails, which I covered up with a gloss black JEEP emblem luckily. I used a hair dryer and goo gone but it didn't help much.

Side strips weren't too hard, but I had a blister on my finger the next day from rolling all the foam/glue off. And I also left a couple small scratches under the strip, but fortunately they were covered up by the lettering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 714976)
Do you have a side view picture with the new changes? And one final question, do you miss the look of the chrome handles at all?

Here's another view more from the side. I'm happy with the black handles and don't miss the chrome ones on my ride. I think the chrome looks good, but I wanted more black with only a few chrome accents. I will say this- replacing door handles is a lot more involved than I expected. Once I got the first interior door panel off, I found another sub panel that covers the handle and attaches to all the window hardware and realized I was in over my head. Fooled with it for a few minutes but was so afraid I'd break the mechanism that pulls the window up/down that I decided to put the panel back and take it to my body shop guy. Cost me $130 to have him replace all four, but given what I saw inside the door I felt it was money well spent.

dslide 11-24-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akimball (Post 714967)
looks good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiFan (Post 714969)
Much better!

Thanks!

Juan 11-25-2012 12:47 AM

dslide good job man! Looks good with just the Jeep logos chrome and the GC on the sides. Still keeps the stock look a bit.

mistadobalina 11-26-2012 12:22 AM

Best looking WK2 out there! I love how you left the chrome on bottom of bumper and left the JEEP chromed on back. Wheels look great as-as....dont black them out!!!

HYTEK 11-26-2012 10:29 AM

Well done!! Perfect contrast of the black and chrome. The rear brow is pretty sweet and you've given me an idea now for mine. :beer:

lmo08 11-26-2012 07:14 PM

Lookin good!!! I am trying to decide weather or not to remove the side strips too, just worried about door dings! But I definately love the look!

You need dark wheels for sure... Just my opinion, I have the "all black" look and love it! A/T tires and black grill make the WK2's look a world of differences!

Looking forward to seeing more mods to come! :)

GBJeep 11-27-2012 07:25 PM

Looks really good- I like the changes:thumbsup: