Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Brembo Sport rotors GROUP BUY! drilled or Slotted! 2012+ wk2 Jeep SRT! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/brembo-sport-rotors-group-buy-drilled-or-slotted-2012-wk2-jeep-srt-50749.html)

Scottina06 11-25-2012 08:17 PM

Brembo Sport rotors GROUP BUY! drilled or Slotted! 2012+ wk2 Jeep SRT!

Post here if interested! The more we get...the cheaper they will be! But we need 10 committments to get them for $900 shipped!

Brembo Sport Slotted Or Drilled Brake Rotors
■Quality and reliability from a brand that has proven what they are made of
■ High Carbon Cast Iron Rotors deliver reliable braking when brake temps start to get high
■Zinc Coating helps resist corrosion to keep your Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors looking good
■Designed to be a factory replacement rotor so there is no need for larger wheels or calipers
■Slotted and drilled Design helps reduce braking temperatures decreasing brake fade and extending brake life
■The vents evacuate hot air by circulating cooler air helping to keep brake temperatures as cool as possible

■Since Brembo Sport Slotted and drilled Rotors are made to replace factory rotors, the style of your stock rotors will determine if your new Sport Rotors will be vented or solid
■Brembo Sport Slotted and drilled Rotors are given an anodized finish

■This finish helps resist corrosion which helps keep your rotors looking good.

■The anodized color will eventually disapear were the rotor and pad make contact

http://www.buybrakes.com/images/product/large/675.jpg

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...bosports-1.jpg

abear 11-25-2012 10:33 PM

Re: Brembo Sport rotors GROUP BUY! drilled or Slotted! 2012+ wk2 Jeep SRT!

I need slotted front and rear
But I live in Russia

Carbon6 11-26-2012 09:43 AM

How do these compare to what R1 can get us?

Alphainfinity 11-26-2012 11:03 AM

What do these rotors do for us over the stock rotors? Better warranty? Less chance of warping?

P-Dawger 11-26-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphainfinity (Post 715396)
What do these rotors do for us over the stock rotors? Better warranty? Less chance of warping?

Jut my 02. but my guess is they will increase your chances of warping as they reduce thermal mass - which is what prevents warping in the first place...

Slotted or drilled rotors on a 5000+ lb vehicle is not only not necessary but could become dangerous if cracks develop within the hole structure - and they will over time...they are meant for race applications - which replace rotors frequently, usually after a few severe heat cycles (ie race)

If you want to look cool and have warped rotors and risk brake disk failure I think those are about all of the advantages you could gain.

Remember - drilled brake discs are for race applications, to increase cooling and reduce unsprung weight...race cars are light and do not need the thermal mass to worry about, they are simply there to reduce fade and increase performance in the short term. Rotors on said vehicle are usually changed after each race for safety. Another huge difference is the type of metal and if the the holes are "Cast" in...they should not be drilled in. Taking an ordinary cheap Chinese sand mold cast rotor and drilling it full of holes reduces the structural integrity of the disk and its capacity for thermal reserves. The size of the rotor is the only thing to keep you from warping rotors and excess heat build up - the larger it is the easier it is for dissapation.

If you feel the need to spend money on something you do not need get the slotted - they provide a margin of safety over the drilled in excessive heat applications.

Again just my 02.

Scottina06 11-26-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon6 (Post 715382)
How do these compare to what R1 can get us?

R1 doesn't have ANY rotors for the 2012+

Scottina06 11-26-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphainfinity (Post 715396)

These are made of superior metal compared to the stockers and resist heat and warping much better. They are also anodized to resist the elements

Carbon6 11-27-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 715458)
R1 doesn't have ANY rotors for the 2012+

I was told there is a product out right now, just for the fronts

Schleprock 11-27-2012 12:37 PM

$900 for 4 rotors is ridiculous. And I'm not exactly a cheapskate or newbie in performance cars.

Scottina06 11-27-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 716033)
$900 for 4 rotors is ridiculous. And I'm not exactly a cheapskate or newbie in performance cars.

This is not a thread for opinions.....if you dont want them....move on.

Scottina06 11-27-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon6 (Post 715811)
I was told there is a product out right now, just for the fronts

That's weird because I talked to Steven and they were trying to get these exact rotors for customers

Yaccster 11-27-2012 02:08 PM

I think KingMonkey has had some for a while now, not sure who did his.