Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Remote start seat warmer temperature setting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/remote-start-seat-warmer-temperature-setting-50802.html)

bond7 11-27-2012 08:27 AM

Remote start seat warmer temperature setting

My JGC 2012 Laredo will heat up seats on remote start, if the outside temperature is close to freezing.

I would like the seat heater to turn on at 45 degrees instead of 32 (or whatever the internal setting is).

How do I change the temperature threshold?

jordanolsonm 11-27-2012 12:14 PM

Re: Remote start seat warmer temperature setting

I've always heard that the "Comfort Features" turn on below 40 and above 80 degrees. I would love to find a way to change those thresholds as you mentioned, but I don't know of any way to do it. I'm not used to cold weather here in the desert so 45-50 is plenty cold enough to make me want the heated accessories on :)

Red G8R 11-27-2012 01:00 PM

I don't know of any ways to change these thresholds.

bond7 11-27-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanolsonm (Post 716019)
I've always heard that the "Comfort Features" turn on below 40 and above 80 degrees. I would love to find a way to change those thresholds as you mentioned, but I don't know of any way to do it. I'm not used to cold weather here in the desert so 45-50 is plenty cold enough to make me want the heated accessories on :)

Same here. I'd want the seat warmer, and the steering wheel warmer to start up about 50 degrees, and the AC to start up at 80 degrees. I wish we had a way to control that.

JG1025 11-28-2012 09:36 PM

I've been wondering the same thing for the past week or two. Mine seems to turn on the heated seats/wheel when it's below 40, but like someone else said, closer to 50 would be better. On the other hand, when I lived in Florida and used the remote start, the cooled seats would only turn on if they had been on when I turned the car off the last time, regardless of temperature. If I turned the car off with them on the high setting and did remote start, they'd turn on at the high setting. If they were on low and I did remote start, they'd turn on low. Kind of puzzling.

WK2 Rover 12-03-2012 10:16 AM

If the software is designed properly these should be configuration parameters that can be modified. Lexus allowed some driver customization although I stuck with all the default settings. Jeep could do the same, allowing the owner to personalize some settings.