Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Who else is kind of scared to see the 2014 SRT?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/who-else-is-kind-of-scared-to-see-the-2014-srt-50825.html)

hound 11-27-2012 02:29 PM

Who else is kind of scared to see the 2014 SRT??

What a change of emotions :)

Is anyone else kind of scared now to see what the actual 2014 SRT will look like? I was pretty stoked about the updates and am still very happy with the interior updates (minus not having CF accents), but after the recent photos that were posted.......I have to admit, I am worried.

I guess I will just have to wait to see what comes. I can only hope that I am pleased and surprised. I am just having a hard time picturing how they can make the 2014 look aggressive from what we have seen posted recently.

Am I alone in thinking this?

mjw930 11-28-2012 07:03 AM

Re: Who else is kind of scared to see the 2014 SRT??

I don't know what people are expecting but the changes will be pretty minor. Probably a new front and rear facia (bumper) with different tail lights (probably LED), a mildly redesigned dash to fit the larger infotainment system and shifter stalk and probably new wheels. 90% of the vehicle will remain the same.

I'm sure it will look just as "aggressive" as the current model.

Scottina06 11-28-2012 11:37 AM

not scared at all. I like the new changes to the nonSRT wk2

BigHemi2 11-29-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hound (Post 716093)
What a change of emotions :)

Is anyone else kind of scared now to see what the actual 2014 SRT will look like? I was pretty stoked about the updates and am still very happy with the interior updates (minus not having CF accents), but after the recent photos that were posted.......I have to admit, I am worried.

I guess I will just have to wait to see what comes. I can only hope that I am pleased and surprised. I am just having a hard time picturing how they can make the 2014 look aggressive from what we have seen posted recently.

Am I alone in thinking this?

I haven't seen the changes you are talking about, but usually the year-to-year changes within the same generation (WK, WK2) are minor. Don't fret.

Scottina06 11-29-2012 11:39 AM

bighemi-some spy pics have been released of a test mule and the masses are freaking out....LOL. Differet headlamps, tails and hatch. the front bumper and grille have also had a makeover.

Alphainfinity 11-29-2012 01:10 PM

As long as it has the same powerplant, I don't really care. If they supercharge it, then you can kiss the resale on ours goodbye.

Scottina06 11-29-2012 01:36 PM

Im still hearing whispers of a 6.2 SC

Scottina06 11-29-2012 01:39 PM

heres what all the clamor is about
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....hots628opt.jpg

mjw930 11-29-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphainfinity (Post 717071)
As long as it has the same powerplant, I don't really care. If they supercharge it, then you can kiss the resale on ours goodbye.

I disagree, because I think the MSRP on something like that will be somewhere north of $70K. That gets people all fired up then when they realize they don't have the cash our used, wimpy 470HP versions start to look a whole lot better.

Scottina06 11-29-2012 01:57 PM

do the sc'ed versions of otherspecial edition vehicles effect the lower models? No...IMHO. The Sc'ed 6.2 will be a special edition...not stock as of now.

reevlak 11-29-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 717113)
do the sc'ed versions of otherspecial edition vehicles effect the lower models? No...IMHO. The Sc'ed 6.2 will be a special edition...not stock as of now.

im thinking it will be something similar to the Viper. you have your base and then your GTS. Since SRT is its own brand now having two variations of the same SRT vehicle doesn't sound too ridiculous. If you look at AMG they have their AMG and then they have a AMG Performance Plus, along with Porsche they offer their Turbo and then they offer their Turbo S.

jgc4ever 11-29-2012 04:47 PM

It's not two variations. It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee and there are like 10 variations (Laredo, Laredo X, Limited, Overland, Overland Summit, Altitude, Trailhawk, SRT8, SRT8 Alpine, SRT8 Vapor). Until SRT produces it's own SUV instead of using the Jeep Grand Cherokee, then they'll truly be their own brand. As it is now the 2013 Viper is the only true SRT. Sorry, but a pet peeve of mine. You drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee with bigger engine, better brakes, and different styling.