Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/)
-   -   Anyone receive an update DVD for their NAV? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/anyone-receive-an-update-dvd-for-their-nav-50829.html)

HAMMMERHEAD 11-27-2012 03:15 PM

Anyone receive an update DVD for their NAV?

Was wondering because I got one in the mail, but didnt really know if there was any changes of features. I updated it, but actully cant tell any difference. It also came with an update for the unit itself.

Scottina06 11-27-2012 09:32 PM

Re: Anyone receive an update DVD for their NAV?

I didnt...but I have a 2013

HAMMMERHEAD 11-28-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 716313)
I didnt...but I have a 2013

I bet you already have it Scott, the cover of the DVD's said 2013 update. It took a long time to update, I can tell you that.

mjw930 11-28-2012 07:27 PM

Nothing here. All I've gotten from Jeep is the SRT flag that came in a couple weeks ago.

mlarco52 11-28-2012 08:04 PM

I haven't gotten a flag or the dvd....fml why do they hate us up here in Canada? Lol

HAMMMERHEAD 11-28-2012 08:38 PM

DVD is a one shot Johnny too :) I dont think the head unit update DVD is though. I had to register the map update and get a one time code to boot it. If you dont get one, you might want to drop a call to the SRT hotline. Having said that, I just got my flag about 3 weeks ago.

mjw930 12-07-2012 09:55 AM

I got the update package, went and got my authorization code, updated the base firmware then went to install the new maps and get an authorization code invalid message. Called Navteq and they said, without hesitation, this was due to the radio not having the VIN registered in it. Not sure how this could happen but they said it was something that should have been done as part of the PDI. Now I have to waste a couple hours at the dealership explaining to them what to do. F'ng idiots, we're surrounded by them.........

HAMMMERHEAD 12-07-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 721098)
I got the update package, went and got my authorization code, updated the base firmware then went to install the new maps and get an authorization code invalid message. Called Navteq and they said, without hesitation, this was due to the radio not having the VIN registered in it. Not sure how this could happen but they said it was something that should have been done as part of the PDI. Now I have to waste a couple hours at the dealership explaining to them what to do. F'ng idiots, we're surrounded by them.........

Dont do that just yet. I had a heck of a time finding the Map code as well. I finally registered on the website and entered all the info and jumped through all the hoops and it produced the code for me. The instructions in the mailed out packet read like you could get the code in one or two screens which is false. I had to enter my info, email addy and all that before it would show me a code. The instructions are misleading at best for the registration and code retrieval on the website. Give it another shot before heading to the dealership and getting the run around

mjw930 12-07-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMMERHEAD (Post 721108)
Dont do that just yet. I had a heck of a time finding the Map code as well. I finally registered on the website and entered all the info and jumped through all the hoops and it produced the code for me. The instructions in the mailed out packet read like you could get the code in one or two screens which is false. I had to enter my info, email addy and all that before it would show me a code. The instructions are misleading at best for the registration and code retrieval on the website. Give it another shot before heading to the dealership and getting the run around

Thanks but I didn't find anything confusing about the instructions, I went through, entered all the data, checked out and got a receipt with the Authorization code just like expected. (forgive the formatting, the forum code doesn't honor tabs)

Line 1
Product E3543-0776-203F
Description Chrysler Group Americas Map - RHR Fresh Maps (Activation)
Quantity 1
Total Line Item-Value $ 0.00
Order number 06200176953
Was entered on 12/06/12
VIN: 1C4RJFDJ5CCxxxxxx.
Activation code: 09731B59CBExxxxx
Offer Code CHR_RHRFRESHMAPS_2012

Maybe the radio was replaced, I did buy the owners demo so I don't know what may have been done before I picked it up. Looks like I get to waste time at the dealer.....

HAMMMERHEAD 12-07-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 721131)
Thanks but I didn't find anything confusing about the instructions, I went through, entered all the data, checked out and got a receipt with the Authorization code just like expected. (forgive the formatting, the forum code doesn't honor tabs)

Line 1
Product E3543-0776-203F
Description Chrysler Group Americas Map - RHR Fresh Maps (Activation)
Quantity 1
Total Line Item-Value $ 0.00
Order number 06200176953
Was entered on 12/06/12
VIN: 1C4RJFDJ5CCxxxxxx.
Activation code: 09731B59CBExxxxx
Offer Code CHR_RHRFRESHMAPS_2012

Maybe the radio was replaced, I did buy the owners demo so I don't know what may have been done before I picked it up. Looks like I get to waste time at the dealer.....

Thats strange it wont take the code. For what its worth, I cant tell any difference in mine after the update. Of course, I dont use it much either.

mjw930 12-07-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMMERHEAD (Post 721185)
Thats strange it wont take the code. For what its worth, I cant tell any difference in mine after the update. Of course, I dont use it much either.

It's not that big a deal, only the map upgrade didn't work, the firmware upgrade went just fine. My roads haven't changed all that much, just POI's.

Schleprock 12-07-2012 02:41 PM

Nav map updates usually $100-200 cost.