Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (
-   -   Spots on Odometer and Tach Lens (

bdcava 11-28-2012 11:45 AM

Spots on Odometer and Tach Lens
I got some body work done on my 2011 Cherokee (Rear Work). The body shop cleaned the inside and outside of the car. I now appear to have spots on the inside of the plastic lenses on the odometer and tachometer. Is this possiple as a result of sraying someting? And if so, is there any way to clean the inside of those lenses without taking the dash apart?:confused:

filterking 05-22-2016 09:03 AM

Re: Spots on Odometer and Tach Lens
My guess is they got some vinyl protector or cleaner on the clear plastic. I doubt that you will be able to remove the spots.

Governor 05-23-2016 02:01 AM

If you have one of those headlight restoration kits laying around you could give that a try. Maybe skip the rougher steps and go straight to polish. Maybe even a really fine car polish might get it out.

JTS97Z28 05-23-2016 07:15 AM

FWIW, removing the gauge cluster is likely pretty simple. I see one screw on the top and maybe another couple behind the steering wheel rubber trim and it should pull right out. If you can get it off just by cleaning, I would remove the lens and do a good cleaning and then maybe a coat of wax to clear it up and remove any fine scratches/swirls.