Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Car wont run (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/car-wont-run-50953.html)

IxIconvict 11-29-2012 11:08 PM

Car wont run

Ok first hi all
Second I just did a small service on my wj jeep 4.7 L grand cherrookee larado . I did the oil , oil filter , plugs, air filter and now it's not running proplley it wants to die and when you go to drive it i hesatates like no tomorrow and its giveing me codes on my obd2 when plugged in like my mass air low I'll put up the codes when I get home
Please help as I herd they were good cars but I'm starting to regret buyin it

Evan5469 11-29-2012 11:19 PM

Re: Car wont run

I would double check all your connections to your coils for the spark plugs. Also, I'd go a step further and make sure all the spark plugs are torqued. If it wasn't running this rough beforehand, that's where I'd start. Also, make sure you post the codes when you've got them. That will help a lot in getting it all fixed.

IxIconvict 11-30-2012 12:31 AM

Ok I do the codes as soon as I get home I cleaned all the connections with contacted cleaner last week and it had no change. It ran sweet before the service and iv never had any problems like that before with any cars iv had

99Wjlimited4.7 11-30-2012 01:43 AM

Check for vacuum leaks?

paul4314 11-30-2012 02:23 AM

try putting th old plugs back in may have a dodgy set all tho thay are new

IxIconvict 11-30-2012 06:27 AM

Here are the codes I keep getting
P0100 , p0400 ,p0048 . I swapped the plugs back over to the old ones and it's the same and gave me the same codes

Frango100 11-30-2012 07:22 PM

Did i miss something??? The jeep was running fine before the service and its not anymore after the service and now you regret that you bought it????:eek: :slapfight:
He, things can go wrong sometimes, but you can't blame the vehicle for that.
Check very well all the wiring at the places you worked and check for not properly inserted connectors and/or wiring which is pinched in between something.

Evan5469 11-30-2012 07:46 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Diagnostic Trouble Codes

That's a link for every fault code for the WJ.

P0100 = Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit
P0400 = Diesel EGR System Failure
P0048 = Doesn't exist?

Judging by those codes, I would say you may have lossened a connection by accident or forgt to plug something back in. Other than that, I'm at a loss for now.

IxIconvict 12-01-2012 05:50 AM

I don't blame the car I blame my my self for doing what my mum told me to do get a family car she said you can't keep putting the kids in the sports cars she said . Any way I just went over the engine bay again checked all plugs and clean all connections it still hesatats around the 2500rpm

2005JGC 12-01-2012 11:10 AM

What country do you live in?

There is no service information on ANY of those dtc's, Chrysler doesnt use a mass air flow sensor, you clearly dont have a diesel.

Evan5469 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IxIconvict (Post 718070)
I don't blame the car I blame my my self for doing what my mum told me to do get a family car she said you can't keep putting the kids in the sports cars she said . Any way I just went over the engine bay again checked all plugs and clean all connections it still hesatats around the 2500rpm

So it starts and idles fine and just hesitates around 2500 rpm? Or does it run rough all the time at any rpm?

IxIconvict 12-01-2012 06:51 PM

I live in Australia

It starts fine but It if you let it idle after 5 mins is sounds like I gos to stall but starts to run again but if you put your foot on the gas as soon as you get to about 2500 rpm it hesataits really bad but when I pulled the plugs out there were some really white plug tips