Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Cherokee overland summit von (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/cherokee-overland-summit-von-51056.html)

RUIDOSO JAMES 12-02-2012 03:39 PM

Cherokee overland summit von

I made an order at the dealer a week ago for a new cherokee summit. On fri., the dealer said the vehicle still doesn't have a von assigned. How long does this take? Also, does anyone know when i might expect this new beaut to be delivered? The dealer said the beginning of january.
Thank you.

2012 Summit 12-02-2012 04:05 PM

Re: Cherokee overland summit von

I don't have an answer to your question, but I believe you are referring to the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).

Good Luck with your new ride!

SnoFire 12-02-2012 04:10 PM

He does mean the VON. I believe Milous would probably be the person you seek this answer .

Milous 12-02-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUIDOSO JAMES (Post 718716)
I made an order at the dealer a week ago for a new cherokee summit. On fri., the dealer said the vehicle still doesn't have a von assigned. How long does this take? Also, does anyone know when i might expect this new beaut to be delivered? The dealer said the beginning of january.
Thank you.

Are you in the U.S.? I don't believe a factory order could have been placed a week ago as the order banks were closed. A VON is assigned very quickly if dealer has allocation, but if banks are closed no VON can be assigned,

2012 Summit 12-02-2012 04:25 PM

Now I get it, Vehicle Order Number.

I stand corrected.

RUIDOSO JAMES 12-03-2012 04:31 PM

The dealer is a friend & owner of dealership. I am now wondering when the banks will be opening again so that an allocation can be made. Sounds like i will be ending up with the 2014 model instead? When are the 2014's due to hit the streets?

Milous 12-03-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUIDOSO JAMES (Post 719218)
The dealer is a friend & owner of dealership. I am now wondering when the banks will be opening again so that an allocation can be made. Sounds like i will be ending up with the 2014 model instead? When are the 2014's due to hit the streets?

If he was a "friend" why didn't he tell you that he could no longer order a 2013? Maybe he is searching other dealers for a '13... order for '14s should open sometime in January, tentative date is 1/09.

RUIDOSO JAMES 12-03-2012 06:15 PM

Hey milous,
thanks for your help. You are right, how can you ever trust a dealer, friendship aside. I talked to his service manager and he told me dealer was searching,,, that he had another one in the system, and was trying to get it modified to my specs, but wasnt sure if it was to late or not. He also told me everyone in new mexico got their freight train orders today and that he was also searching other dealerships to see if the one i want might of been ordered by one of the other dealerships. Glad you helped me out milous i could of been waiting forever! Now at least i know what to expect, and the new 2014 is probably better to wait for, if that is the case. Have a good day man!