Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Quadra Lift Issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/quadra-lift-issues-51081.html)

Weberduder 12-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quadra Lift Issues

We have had our '12 5.7L Overland in to the dealership multiple times to look at problems with the air suspension. It has a problems adjusting to the offroad heights. The lights will just blink for minutes and never actually rise. We frequently get a weird springy kind of noise from the rear whenever it adjusts as we drive around. This started about a month after we purchased it and I'm not sure if it could be related to the QL problems. After the last visit they replaced four sensors and it worked in their parking lot but when I got home it stopped working again and now it shows a cooling warning in EVIC something like "air suspension system cooling, please wait". Anybody had similar problems or did we just get a lemon. Unfortunately the techs at our dealership seem to be in over their heads like they've never worked on an air suspension system before. How much longer should I work with them until I pursue lemon law?

Onroad 12-03-2012 04:08 PM

Re: Quadra Lift Issues

Several on here have had like or similar problems with there QL.
Check out this post.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/quadr...ter-30797.html

Weberduder 12-03-2012 05:21 PM

Thanks for the link. I had searched around but didn't find anything like this.

Onroad 12-03-2012 10:24 PM

Welcome: -).
Mine has been malfuntioning too although I haven't taken it in yet.

ColdCase 12-04-2012 09:03 AM

Seems that a few develope leaks that are difficult to find. The leak adds wear and tear to the compressor which eventually fails.

Weberduder 12-04-2012 11:27 AM

I probably wouldn't have noticed this problem with the ride height because I was only playing around with it because of the annoying noise we get from it just with normal driving. I'm a little surprised more Overland's haven't been impacted. It would seem like this problem STIX had wouldn't just be a fluke but require re-engineering for all QL Systems. I took his excellent write-up into the dealership yesterday. Hopefully that gets them headed in the right direction.

77Cherokee 12-06-2012 06:50 PM

After 15 months of ownership I was having similar problems. It would take over two minutes to go into OR1 and wouldn't go into OR2 at all. The lower levels were ok, albeit a little slower going into normal ride height. I also received the "system cooling down" message on two occasions.

I brought it in to the dealer on Monday and after waiting for two hours left with a rental under the Maxcare Plan. They said the system should have about 130 lbs. of pressure, but that mine had only 30 lbs. It was barely enough to get into normal ride height but not much more. The compressor checked out ok as did all of the shocks. They also said they had never seen this condition before :brows: and that they had to check with Jeep engineers to figure out what was going on.

They called on Wednesday and told me the pump and valve were being ordered and they believed the nitrogen leak was there. I picked it up today and it appears to be working properly right now, but I will be watching to see if it happens again.

BTW, the rental was a brand new Compass...not a bad little SUV but "it ain't no Grand Cherokee". I guess I'm spoiled now. Still lovin' it!

Weberduder 12-12-2012 08:35 PM

The dealer is still struggling with the issue. They claim the issue from the original post doesn't apply to our model year and yet they still have no idea. He said he was running to the dollar store to buy some bubbles to try and find the leak.

They did put is in a rental 4Runner. The wife hates it after having grown accustomed to the Overland. I've been stuck working over in Germany and the UK this week so I haven't had time to chase the dealership on answers. Guess I'll pick up the battle when I return next week.

He did say he's working with the "Penta" group if I remember correctly. Hopefully that means the engineers are getting involved. I'd like to imagine its some uber elite quick strike engineer team that flies in on a helicopter repelling down to fix my problems. I suspect its something much less exciting. Time will tell.

Lingohocken 12-16-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Cherokee (Post 720863)
After 15 months of ownership I was having similar problems. It would take over two minutes to go into OR1 and wouldn't go into OR2 at all. The lower levels were ok, albeit a little slower going into normal ride height.

Chero, We had the exact same problem here earlier in the year. They replaced the compressor and that did the trick; pressure was normal. However, today I tried going to OR2 and it took forever and never quit blinking, although an hour later I tried again and it worked fine.

Yep, MaxCare warranty is all but a must with the Overland. Over only 20k miles we've had two replacement radios and a replacement compressor with another compressor possible before long, and nary a cent put out and the loaner's free. Granted, thus far the repair costs have been on the standard warranty, but before long MaxCare will be our refuge.

Red G8R 01-12-2013 12:53 PM

My 2011 had a QL System failure 1 year ago and after spending 3 days in the shop, they could not find a leak but changed the compressor and all was fine. Now one year later, I'm getting the same message I got before, "system cooling down, please wait", so I feel the compressor is going again. I must have a slow leak somewhere. I must admit I do use the park mode daily. Despite this, I just love this Jeep.
My warranty is up in September 2013.

wrwrx 02-09-2013 02:42 AM

I had a similar issue. My compressor was changed out and no problems since. I took my truck to my buddys shop 2 get the tires rotated. They did not put it on a lift and jacked it up w/ a hydrolic jack. Whenever u jack up the jeep u must suspend the air suspension by pressing both the up and down buttons on the center console to keep it from overworking the compressor trying to level the truck out. Lesson learned the hard way.

bill_de 02-09-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrwrx (Post 756832)
I had a similar issue. My compressor was changed out and no problems since. I took my truck to my buddys shop 2 get the tires rotated. They did not put it on a lift and jacked it up w/ a hydrolic jack. Whenever u jack up the jeep u must suspend the air suspension by pressing both the up and down buttons on the center console to keep it from overworking the compressor trying to level the truck out. Lesson learned the hard way.

I wonder if that's the cause of the many problems people are experiencing. Does this need to be done if the car is lifted for an oil change. If so, how many oil change places know about it.