Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Hypertech Interceptor Tuner? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/hypertech-interceptor-tuner-51107.html)

Limited13 12-03-2012 08:33 PM

Hypertech Interceptor Tuner?

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new hypertech interceptor tuner? It is a plug in module. I was thinking of trying it on the '13 grand cherokee 5.7l. Looks like this is the only other option besides jet.

JeepGuy026 12-03-2012 09:09 PM

Looks interesting but they posted no HP increases or any information regarding what improvements it produces...

Limited13 12-03-2012 09:18 PM

Re: Hypertech Interceptor Tuner?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. I did send them an email earlier today. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Limited13 12-03-2012 09:20 PM

Just noticed that you have the volant intake - did you notice any difference besides just sound?

Limited13 12-13-2012 10:36 AM

Called hypertech. They said about 15hp and +1mpg. I am thinking about trying it, just don't want to be the first one! I have done some searching, and cannot find a single person that has installed one.

joenjulie 12-30-2012 07:22 PM

Def interested to see about this, just started looking into a tuner. Want to put on a Corsa, and improve the air, but the wife doesn't want it too loud...my old truck intake was loud, fine for just me, not the new grand carrying babies(which we don't have yet though) !

rrjjpp74 01-02-2013 06:47 AM

Anyone try the bully dog gas Hemi Tuner? I been looking at that one also.

HYTEK 01-02-2013 11:52 AM

I don't think the Bully Dog is available for us yet, just Ram. I would imagine they're not to far off from ours though.

CheapshotLou 06-08-2013 06:37 AM

I purchased the Hypertech Interceptor two months ago. You definitely notice the instant difference in throttle response right off the bat. I also noticed a difference in the MPG on a recent recorded trip to Vermont. To me the "Hypertech" is basic module made to increase hp&tq, anything beyond that,for me is a waste. I like tricking the computer (intercepting and changing the signal) a lot more then screwing with the original tune. I am sold.

The Interceptor has 2 modules, one that mounts under the hood, and plugs into the factory connectors, and one that connects to the accelerator pedal, inside the vehicle. The Interceptor works by constantly monitoring the vehicle’s functions, and then automatically recalculates the factory’s computer performance calibrations with the same Hypertech Power Tuning that comes in the Max Energy Power Programmers.

The Interceptor does not have the ability to adjust MDS, traction control, or other settings. It is warranty friendly, as the tuning has been thoroughly tested, and will not harm the engine or drive train. With it being a plug-in device that does not access the ECU, I like the fact that it can be easily removed for dealer service or warranty repair.

Rizzosmith 06-11-2013 08:16 PM

I bought one about 4 months ago. Happy with the product overall, but the fuel economy gains seem a little exaggerated. And I drive like a guy who is trying to save fuel.