Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Turtle Wax Ice Wheel Cleaner

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mlarco52 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this product, it claims to help prevent build up of brake dust on wheels. Especially interested if anyone has tried it on Alpine/Vapour black chrome wheels?
cheers
Jas

#9 · (Edited)
Everyone knows how much of a pain it is to clean our wheels. Im a firm believer that you have to hand wash anything to actually get it clean and in all but a few instances this is the truth. I always hit the 50 cent car wash to blast most of the black off my wheels before I go home and hand wash the rig. I never use soap at the coin car wash on my paint, wheels or anything, just because it takes the sealant off the paint much quicker. Anyway, I tried the Meguiers all surface wheel cleaner and was blown away by how clean they became without even touching them. Even the calipers were perfectly clean except for one spot where one arm of the wheel had it blocked. This wont be something I do everytime, because I use Klasse sealant on my wheels and Im sure the cleaner will strip it in a couple of application. But boy, if you have that 7-10 day brake dust build up and dont want 4 black black spots to dry on your driveway, go try some of this because its the best I have ever used and it says it is safe on any wheel surface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.