Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   MyGig + Ucomnect (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/mygig-ucomnect-51118.html)

BigChris 12-04-2012 07:55 AM

MyGig + Ucomnect

Hi guys,

I'm curious to know if there is any way to still use the mirror and its functionalities in a 2007 and older WK when adding in a MyGig radio. I hate that fact that I have an external MIC since there is no real way to hide it. Also, what about your trim plates? I probably have the same one you all do but I hate the look of cheap ABS plastic.. Yeah, I'm a little picky :-)

ChrisWk 12-04-2012 11:43 AM

Re: MyGig + Ucomnect

I hope you find a answer, I got the same problem no one can here me with that small mic. I like talking with mirror too.

*sox* 12-04-2012 04:05 PM

you can install the uconnect mirror

ChrisWk 12-04-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *sox* (Post 719706)
you can install the uconnect mirror

I got the unconnect mirror how do you get it to work with mygig in my 05 jeep. It worked with my rec nav but not with mygig installed with lock pick. Could you help me out on Making it work.

Thanks

Chris

Billyb.cpt 12-04-2012 10:23 PM

There is a jumper cable or harness that will make the mirror usable again, its Mopar too. I installed the external Mopar Mygig mic and hid it nicely in the headliner and secured it to the back of my uconnect mirror. It's completely hidden. It also works great people can hear me awesome. I dont know the part number for the jumper harness for the mirror though, just do a search on here or on the LX Dodge forums it's definitely on one of these sites.

ChrisWk 12-04-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyb.cpt (Post 719885)
There is a jumper cable or harness that will make the mirror usable again, its Mopar too. I installed the external Mopar Mygig mic and hid it nicely in the headliner and secured it to the back of my uconnect mirror. It's completely hidden. It also works great people can hear me awesome. I dont know the part number for the jumper harness for the mirror though, just do a search on here or on the LX Dodge forums it's definitely on one of these sites.

So you ran this mopar wire from the back of the mygig up to the Uconnect mirror and connected to the back and that is it and the Uconnect mirror works and the radio Uconnect does not. Could you take some pics to show me if you could. What did the wire cost. I got the factory Uconnect mirror in my jeep do I have this wire connected to my mirror do I need a different wire. Is this the part number of the wire 82211666 that what you brought.

Thanks
Chris