Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   HID Headlights pointed up too high? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/hid-headlights-pointed-up-too-high-51124.html)

armoredsaint 12-04-2012 10:59 AM

HID Headlights pointed up too high?

IIRC there was a thread about headlights up too high and blinding oncoming drivers or even some got the highbeam flash from other motorist.

ETA: just did 1.5 turns Counter-clockwise to lower it with an allen wrench - will test it out at night to see.

BuckeyeSRT 12-05-2012 10:33 AM

Re: HID Headlights pointed up too high?

I had this issue when they were new. Took it to the dealer that I bought the car from and they cranked the drives side way too low. I had them readjusted at a local dealer here in C'bus now they are spot on

armoredsaint 12-05-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 720061)
I had this issue when they were new. Took it to the dealer that I bought the car from and they cranked the drives side way too low. I had them readjusted at a local dealer here in C'bus now they are spot on

so that was you that blinded me on my way to Spagios

:D

BuckeyeSRT 12-06-2012 09:18 AM

Nobody gets in my way when good food is involved :)

JTS97Z28 12-06-2012 09:26 AM

Kind of ridiculous that some new Jeeps are coming with their HID's aimed too high. You would think this is something that needs to be spot on especially from the factory. Considering that if HID projectors are aimed too high its a safety hazard you would think they would get it right. Then again, it is Chrysler were talking about. Fortunately they were aimed perfectly in my 2012 Overland.

HYTEK 12-06-2012 09:47 AM

Interesting....I've always thought mine were too low. You guys have QL? I wonder if there's 2 different angles from what they're set at from the factory. No QL here, but I'm definitely going to try this so I can see more.

BuckeyeSRT 12-06-2012 02:14 PM

I have QL

armoredsaint 12-06-2012 03:20 PM

QL too and it wasn't just aimed high, it was really high. i could see my HID pointed dead on to many car's rearview mirrors.

Vrrooom 12-06-2012 03:26 PM

I have the QL and find this to be an issue as well. However sometimes the headlights are aimed normal. I wonder if when we start the car in park mode, the headlights adjust based on that height so when it's lifted to NRH, it's too high. If you drive and find yourself blinding other drivers, change the height to sport and you'll notice this is no longer the case.

berk483 12-06-2012 09:19 PM

I've noticed it as well, I've been running sport mode at night because I'm blinding people and this seems to drop the light level enough. I thought there was a screw somewhere near the back of the headlamp housing for adjustment but I'm not sure exactly where.

nek121328 12-07-2012 12:11 AM

My WK2 with QL, beams are low in the low beam setting. Gotta adjust the housings.

ColdCase 12-07-2012 09:53 AM

When new or dirty there is some glare that oncoming drivers may consider annoying. Thats one of the reason many countries require headlight washers with HIDs. Otherwise, my QL headlights seem to be adjusted about right from the factory. They do change real time for ride hight, some have noticed automatic aiming adjustments as they move over larger bumps as the system responds to hight sensor changes. Automatic aiming is just a shutter that moves up and down.