Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Corsa exhaust with Volant CAI fitted (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/corsa-exhaust-with-volant-cai-fitted-51136.html)

jbsp1 12-04-2012 06:06 PM

Corsa exhaust with Volant CAI fitted

Finally got a Corsa system on JGC 5.7, to go with the Volant CAI I had installed months ago.

WOW, what a roar under power. With just the CAI by itself the roar came from up front, but now everything is roaring out the back just like it should be. The system was fitted in about 3 hrs by myself only, no help.

Very aggressive under power, absolutely love it! Nice subdued rumble on start up and idle.

It now sounds like what a Hemi should.:D:D:D

Now just what to do with the stock system....

moosehead 12-04-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Corsa exhaust with Volant CAI fitted

thumbsup jpsp, i have a similar setup with borla and love both mods. enjoy.

i ended up keeping most if not all my stock parts, especially the exhaust, to reinstall back in the vehicle for future resale. many just don't want the aftermarket growl.

otherwise, if you really want to sell it perhaps post it for sale in the JG classifieds and someone from OZ may take you up on it.

jbsp1 12-05-2012 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I'll keep it for that reason....Cheers moosehead

Video of new system>

JFD328 12-05-2012 10:14 PM

That must sound awesome. I want to do the corsa exhaust, but the only things that are holding me back is money and what my father might say lol.

jbsp1 12-05-2012 10:58 PM

I was initially worried about what the wife would say.....But in the end I thought 'it's my jeep, if she doesn't like it she will just have to drive her Jeep'. She has a '10 Cherokee, which is a Liberty in the US.

But she loves my car too much. Now I only have to convince her to buy a JGC SRT8 and she can have my 5.7. :D

jdchamp31 12-05-2012 11:19 PM

I was going to go with the Corsa exhaust but wanted to try something different. I ended up going with exhaust bypass valves on my 5.7 paired with a K&N intake and it sounds incredible. The even cooler part is you can to back to stock sound whenever you want. Ended up upgrading the system with a remote which means I can open and close it with a key fob. Pretty sweet IMHO

DurangoZJ 12-06-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbsp1 (Post 719757)
Finally got a Corsa system on JGC 5.7, to go with the Volant CAI I had installed months ago.

WOW, what a roar under power. With just the CAI by itself the roar came from up front, but now everything is roaring out the back just like it should be. The system was fitted in about 3 hrs by myself only, no help.

Very aggressive under power, absolutely love it! Nice subdued rumble on start up and idle.

It now sounds like what a Hemi should.:D:D:D

Now just what to do with the stock system....

Where are you located? I'd be interested in purchasing your stock exhaust.

jbsp1 12-06-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurangoZJ (Post 720510)
Where are you located? I'd be interested in purchasing your stock exhaust.

In Sydney, Australia

A bit far from you :thumbsup:

HYTEK 12-06-2012 09:57 AM

Sounds awesome! The tips look prefect! :beer:

JFD328 12-06-2012 10:01 AM

Just wondering, do you have skid plates installed??

jbsp1 12-06-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFD328 (Post 720649)
Just wondering, do you have skid plates installed??

I don't have skid plates. I have read somewhere that the system can be installed with skid plates, but can't find where I read it. Will update you if I find it :thumbsup:

JFD328 12-06-2012 08:05 PM

Ok, no worries. I was just wondering if you had them.