Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   What to do with my WK 2008 (Mods Wise) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/what-to-do-with-my-wk-2008-mods-wise-51144.html)

jamesnabbott 12-04-2012 08:42 PM

What to do with my WK 2008 (Mods Wise)

http://www.jeepgarage.org/images/dto...31592/1510.jpg

This is my 2008 cherokee loredo. Her names Dora.

Anyways, im just curious what you guys think I should do to it. I just got it about a month ago and shes completely stock. I was looking to do the SRT mesh grill to it cause it looks pretty good. Im not rolling in the benjamins right now either so were looking on the cheaper side of mods.

What do you guys have in mind?

akimball 12-04-2012 09:20 PM

Re: What to do with my WK 2008 (Mods Wise)

i see a mass plate on that! welcome!

there are a ton of mods that are fairly cheap to do... it just depends what your own taste is and how you want it to turn out.

we have a for sale forum in here check it out there is some stuff that might grab your eye.

we also have alot of vendors here that will give you amazing deals on product as well!

as far as the mods,... here are a couple that come to mind..

HID low beams and fog lights- got mine from xenon depot, easy to install and great price. a must do in my book.

shorty antenna- gives the truck a great look

de badging - very cheap and really cleans up the jeep IMO

Plasti dip - cheap and will change the look of whatever you choose to use it on... and its removable which a plus

led interior bulbs- also a must do in my book really changed the look of the whole interior IMO

other than that look around the site you will come up with many many ideas! good luck!

DAVY27 12-04-2012 09:39 PM

believe it or not, your pic looks like mine when i first got her. After a few threads here and there, in my sig is how it looks.

warning- once you start, there is no looking back :D

Madanio24 12-04-2012 09:40 PM

HIDS X2 best mod i have ever done. Window tint on a black jeep looks really good. Debadging the 4x4 and laredo is a good start too.

jamesnabbott 12-04-2012 09:46 PM

Thanks for the responses

Ive got a stubby on the way, and I was planning on debadging her at some point yea.

What do you suggest for lights then?

akimball 12-04-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesnabbott (Post 719864)
Thanks for the responses

Ive got a stubby on the way, and I was planning on debadging her at some point yea.

What do you suggest for lights then?

lights meaning what? interior? HIDs?

i have 6k hid kits on my lows and fog lights... and 6k led lights in my interior and i have them as my license plate bulbs too. i love them.

Madanio24 12-04-2012 10:32 PM

Get a 9006 HID Kit and a 9145 HID kit with 2 sets of relays. You can pick what ever color you want. I choose 8000K because it has a blue tint to them and they look awesome! It is byfar the best mod i have done for looks and for functionality, i can see so much better at night.

antsjeep 12-05-2012 05:15 PM

Welcome to the jungle!

1) Front tint to match
2) HID's (low beam)
3) Cut down the stock antenna
4) Plasti Dip -- hood and hatch emblems

The SRT mesh will cost ya a pretty penny if your tight on funds. I think i paid $120 just for the mesh and that didnt include the painted bezel. Keep looking around on here and the red site and you'll find someone selling an SRT8 grille. One of my favorite mods to date.

tfranzone 12-06-2012 12:53 PM

Welcome!

I also have an 08 black laredo.. got it all stock.
other than the more pricey mods I've done (lift, tiresmall that have been mentioned above are great starts..

plastidip your Jeep emblems.. debadge the others on the hatch. plastidip the wheels too if you'd like. a black shorty antenna..20% tint on the front windows. interior led's are nice as well. and a jeepgarage banner sticker is always a nice touch too!

since i lifted a little, I removed my air dam (lower front bumper).. if you lower or stay stock, i'd recommend keeping it on though.

either way you decide to go with your jeep, theres more than plenty of people on the site willing to help. good luck with the modding:thumbsup: and yes, it gets addicting. lol

akimball 12-06-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

jeepgarage banner sticker is always a nice touch too!
x2!!!

Beardacus 12-07-2012 06:08 PM

Hey for all the guys here who mentioned getting HIDs in the low beams, did you all add projector headlights or did you just install the HID bulb into the standard housing?

Madanio24 12-07-2012 06:15 PM

Standard housing just make sure you aim them down.