Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Rear Tires Rubbing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/rear-tires-rubbing-51190.html)

ALPINEST4RS 12-05-2012 05:43 PM

Rear Tires Rubbing

Hey guys, 06 Wk with a 2 in daystar lift. 265-70-17 G-Year Duratracs and
1.25in spacers frt and rear. All springs and shocks stock. I'm getting some
rubbing from the rear tires towards the inner lip on the front of the fender well.
I already did the pinch weld mod up front, not having issues there but im
scuffing the tread in the rear. This is over serious flexing or going up hill at an angle. Would load levelers do the trick or some HD shocks?

bobharly 12-07-2012 03:03 AM

Re: Rear Tires Rubbing

Why are you using spacers? Do you need them for your wheels to clear the calipers or backspacing? I don't know much about lifts, but that was the first thing that got my attention...

ALPINEST4RS 12-10-2012 10:37 AM

i run spacers in the front for clearing the upper balljoint stud. as for the rear i run them to even out front and rear, i went with some monroe LLs (643) to see if that would help any. they're coming tommrow.

tfranzone 12-11-2012 01:00 PM

that should help... the MLL 643s will lift your rear an additonal one inch to 1.5 inches.. be aware though that you will now have a decent amount of rake to your WK.

ALPINEST4RS 12-12-2012 07:17 AM

yeah i put them on, looks alot better (rear wise) and the ride quality improved alot. i need to go with some blistens up front now, would that help with the rake or should i do some strut spacers? i dont want to go anymore than i absolutely have to.

tfranzone 12-12-2012 03:24 PM

whats your hub to fender measurements in the front and rear now with the MLLs in?

the bilsteins up front will add another 3/8 of an inch.. but thats not much.. a little under half an inch.. so see if that gets you closer to where you want to be.. as far as the strut spacer goes.. that will give you a half inch of lift.. so if you are say an inch or so higher in the rear and want to get close.. the combination of the 2 should work... PROBLEM IS....
Ive thought about doing this as well to get an inch more of lift.. adding bilsteins and a strut spacer up front and the MLLs in the rear... BUT even though the daystar lift is on the bottom of the strut assembly and the spacer goes on top... I've been told this is a bad idea to have them both in.. so i guess i wouldnt advise doing it unless others can chime in with experience and prove that it is okay to do.

also, along with your center hub to fender measurements, could you post a side photo of your WK so we can see what kind of lift/rake youre now working with?

ALPINEST4RS 12-19-2012 04:14 PM

yeah i can get some photos up. i'll try tonite.

tfranzone 12-20-2012 01:33 PM

pics would be great, alpine! along with measurements if you can. :thumbsup:

ALPINEST4RS 12-24-2012 08:55 AM

5 Attachment(s)
i got some pics but i dont have a tape measure today. i'll get the measurements next week.

tfranzone 12-24-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPINEST4RS (Post 728404)
i got some pics but i dont have a tape measure today. i'll get the measurements next week.

from what it looks like.. those 643s didnt give you too much rake.. so thats good.. i know it varies for every jeep..some get too much rake from them, but from those angles.. it doesnt look bad at all on your WK.

my measurements are 20.75" center hub to fender in the front.. and 21" in the rear.. bc of this.. i think im gonna do the 646s in the rear bc the 643s may lift me too much and give way too much of a raked look for my taste.. with bilsteins in the front, ill hopefully end up with 21.5" all around or 21.5" in the rear and 21.25" in the front.

ALPINEST4RS 12-24-2012 02:36 PM

there really isnt any rake, im going to bilsteins up from and try to see what happens. the rear is a tad slighter. maybe the prob is with v8?? i have a 3.7 so that might be less weight counteracting.