Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   Blind spot detection unavailable (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/blind-spot-detection-unavailable-51195.html)

mlarco52 12-05-2012 08:14 PM

Blind spot detection unavailable

So I've go the triangle on my passenger side mirror constantly lit up and the evic says "Blind spot detection unavailable" and nothing specific about it in the manual. Anyone have anything like this? I've had the dealer check it out they didn't find nothing the first time I'm betting its a faulty sensor. Anyone else?

Scottina06 12-05-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Blind spot detection unavailable

gotta be a sensor....pull the negative, push the brake pedal and wait 5 minutes. Then reconnect.

mlarco52 12-05-2012 10:35 PM

Hey thanks Scott what does that do exactly? And do you hold the brake pedal down for some time or simply push down and release? Also it doesn't always come on and say "Blind spot detection unavailable" its hit or miss say 2 outta 5 times it comes on when I fire up the truck maybe more.

Scottina06 12-05-2012 10:40 PM

that resets the pcm/ecm/ecu If it keepsoing it I would ask the dealer to replace the sensor.

mlarco52 12-05-2012 11:18 PM

Hey thanks scott its intermittent it would seem though on and off hit or miss when it seems to happen so yeah I'm assuming that the sensor is going or something with the connection.

Scottina06 12-05-2012 11:49 PM

yep...its got a recurring fault

mlarco52 12-06-2012 12:01 AM

Sounds good I figured it was a faulty sensor which makes sense that it comes and goes, I'll have the dealer deal with it asap. Gotta love having a warranty.

Milous 12-06-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarco52 (Post 720502)
Sounds good I figured it was a faulty sensor which makes sense that it comes and goes, I'll have the dealer deal with it asap. Gotta love having a warranty.

Water intrusion in the rear sensor connector, left rear corner of the vehicle, up behind rear fascia, 14-way black connector.

mlarco52 12-06-2012 01:23 AM

Hey milous thank you, anyway to fix this? I'm assuming the dealer will have to replace the connector/wiring harness for that sensor?

Also by left rear of the vehicle you're referring to the drivers side? Is there one central connector for both sensors? As I'm only having problems with the passenger side connector so it could possibly be the connector directly hooked into the passenger side sensor that has water intrusion?

Milous 12-06-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarco52 (Post 720521)
Hey milous thank you, anyway to fix this? I'm assuming the dealer will have to replace the connector/wiring harness for that sensor?

Also by left rear of the vehicle you're referring to the drivers side? Is there one central connector for both sensors? As I'm only having problems with the passenger side connector so it could possibly be the connector directly hooked into the passenger side sensor that has water intrusion?

Yes, drivers side. Connector may have to be replaced if severely corroded, otherwise possibly just cleaned, it is part of the large body wire harness. I'd crawl under and take a look at the connector, perhaps unplug it and inspect it. I'll PM you a document in a few minutes with a pic of the connector. Note that this is one of the main causes of the issue you are having, but may not be the ONLY cause.

Milous 12-06-2012 02:29 AM

This is what the corroded connector looks like, and its location:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/misc/C389_Bl..._connector.jpg

mlarco52 12-06-2012 08:39 PM

Well I took it in the dealer said it might be some door module that needs to be replaced (they ordered it in should be here monday) the module controls a lot of communications with lights inside the truck and windows and possibly the blind spot detection. There was a bunch of stored codes that popped up they had on a sheet said almost all of them were directly related to that module. So we'll see.