Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Left foot dead pedal (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/left-foot-dead-pedal-51254.html)

bdesmp 12-07-2012 11:01 AM

Left foot dead pedal

One thing I really miss is a dead (not deal - as I put in the header!) foot pedal for the driver's left foot.

In other vehicles I've owned that had one long trips were easier on the left calf muscles and ligaments.

There are a few on eBay, search for " Drivers Side Dead Foot Rest Pedal "

Anyone put one in their WK2?

Jeep_addicted 12-07-2012 01:19 PM

re: Left foot dead pedal

I just used a rubber step tread to make a dead pedal I attached to to the carpet in that area under the parking brake.

I did it to our 2011 because my Mom's high heels poked a hole in the carpet so it took care of that problem. Then I added on to the 2012 just to keep the carpet clean.

I am sure that whatever you come up with will be fine if your source it from ebay or somewhere else.

krabtree13 12-12-2012 06:38 PM

check out "ultimate pedals".com.they've got a nice variety of 3 pedal set-ups.they're a bit pricey though,but you'll never have to replace them !

bill_de 12-12-2012 06:46 PM

I figured my Liberty didn't have one because the foot area was so small. I'm surprised the GC doesn't have it.

Maybe they'll surprise us for '14.

FAUEE 12-12-2012 09:20 PM

There's actually a hardened spot there, just no pedal on top of the carpet.

snoball 01-29-2014 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did not see any posts about installing these so I went ahead and ordered a set on eBay and installed them. They look great and the package was a good price for the set of three. I used the dead pedal and gave the brake & gas pedals to my son for his 2012 Grand.
You can look up “AT Pedal Rest Plate Gas FOR Jeep Compass Grand Cherokee” on eBay to find a set of three for about $37. The quality it very good and while it comes from Hong Kong, it took less than a week to arrive.
I used a small short bit to drill for the six provided screws since it feels like it is plastic behind the carpet. It anchored very well and will protect the carpet. This matches the stock Summit gas and brake pedals pretty well. This is how Jeep should have finished off the interior!

truebluetitan 02-01-2014 10:07 PM

Looks amazing. I just put the gas and brake pedals on today. This definitely needs added to complete the look.

truebluetitan 02-02-2014 09:15 AM

Do you have a link to the sellers page? My search didn't turn up anything.

snoball 02-02-2014 09:30 AM

Re: Left foot dead pedal

The seller is "away for Chinese new year" until Feb. 9th their eBay store says. Try this after Feb 9:
items in AutoBig store on eBay!

truebluetitan 02-02-2014 10:58 AM

Great. Thanks!