Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Nudge Bar - 2012+ ped safe - with recovery hook (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/nudge-bar-2012-ped-safe-with-recovery-hook-51276.html)

Kev. 12-07-2012 11:07 PM

Nudge Bar - 2012+ ped safe - with recovery hook

7 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I managed to source some cheap Mopar nudge bar brackets for the 2012+ modified pedestrian safe Jeep. I was going to wait until the new year to get the Nudge Bar but i'm impatient!

I already had the recovery hook that I purchased separately and had previously installed. As part of the nudge bar bracket installation this has to be removed and the bracket replaced. The hook can be re-used.

I re-installed both the recovery hook and also the tow eye bracket.

Installed it last night on my own:
Level of Difficulty - Easy/Medium (Confident DIY)
Time to allow - 1.5hr (nudge bar only)
Time to allow - 2hr (with Recovery Hook)

Still to do (should take 10mins max) - cut the plastic covers that clip into the slots next to the brackets.

With the confusion on Part numbers, i'll clarify the following are what I used:
K8220WKNB = Nudge Bar suitable for both 2011 and 2012+ models
K8220WKNBBKB = Nudge Bar brackets suitable for ped safe 2012+ models

Pictures of the Brackets / Recovery Hook and Nudge Bar are attached. In one of the photos you can see the new Nudge Bar Bracket, the Old Recovery Hook Bracket and also the recovery hook.

I have also attached a photo to compare against another Nudge Bar that was sourced on eBay. Note: The Recovery hook cannot be fitted with the other nudge bar.

If I can help with any questions - just ask!

My next aim is to shamelessly copy Josh3008's idea with his nudge bar - get some tabs welded on for lights and/or aerial!

josh3008 12-08-2012 04:19 AM

Re: Nudge Bar - 2012+ ped safe - with recovery hook

Go for it mate. Looking good.

I still have to cut my plastic covers out. Didnt like the look of just drawing a line and cutting the thing in half, going to mark it out properly and trim it out with my dremel till i get a perfect fit.

GMWK2 12-09-2012 01:31 AM

Very usefull post - Thanks Kev.

I'm still staggered that Jeep Aus are not being a bit more open with this information - my dealer still has no idea the nudgebar is available.

And why no light mounting tabs???

I think I'm still going to wait - I want to see the Trailhawk next year - it is meant to have the original US style tow hooks.

GMWK2 12-12-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

I'm still staggered that Jeep Aus are not being a bit more open with this information - my dealer still has no idea the nudgebar is available.
I noticed today that all reference to the nudge bar has been removed from the Mopar Australian website.

The cargo barrier has also been removed, but replaced with a half height "dog barrier".

mm1964 01-02-2013 05:44 PM

It seems a completely different design. Does anyone know if the nudgebar is now compatible with vehicles fitted with front parking sensors?

wk2JET 01-03-2013 06:47 PM

Gday Gents, FYI - i asked for a quote from my local Jeep dealer (bunbury WA) for the OEM nudge bar, and mounting brackets (for the ped safe 2012). Supply only.
$620 - Bar
$485 - Brackets
$110 - GST

^ i quoted the above part numbers to them (previous post), they told me they have changed slightly to:
XAU008220WKNB - Nudge bar
XAU000WKNBBKB - fitting brackets

.... Over 1200 supply only for a piece of bent tubing, without light tabs.. hmm, think i might try a custom job.

Kev. 01-04-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wk2JET (Post 732126)
Gday Gents, FYI - i asked for a quote from my local Jeep dealer (bunbury WA) for the OEM nudge bar, and mounting brackets (for the ped safe 2012). Supply only.
$620 - Bar
$485 - Brackets
$110 - GST

^ i quoted the above part numbers to them (previous post), they told me they have changed slightly to:
XAU008220WKNB - Nudge bar
XAU000WKNBBKB - fitting brackets

.... Over 1200 supply only for a piece of bent tubing, without light tabs.. hmm, think i might try a custom job.

I paid a lot less for the brackets.... And I mean A LOT!

I actually bought two sets so do have one set spare (brand new in box with full instructions) which I could sell on here to anyone interested? PM me if you are.

I paid $330 for the nudge bar itself inclusive of gst. If anyone needs the receipt let me know and I'll scan in and email it. This was from Gold Coast Jeep - originally they wanted $430 for the nudge bar but I got them down to $330.

As for the sensors - the instructions do say to confirm the sensors are working after the install so I would guess it does work.

Regards,

Kev.

wk2JET 01-06-2013 06:14 PM

Hi Kev,

I would definitly like a copy of the reciept if you dont mind?
And would like to purchase the brackets

i will send you a pm

thanks mate

BearG 04-11-2013 09:51 PM

Hi Kev, just wondering if wk2jet took that spare set of brackets off your hands?

Seamus4225 08-25-2013 03:29 AM

I have just fitted a non genuine nudge bar and have just found out it interfers with the 2 inboard sensors. Disconnecting renders system useless. Am now trying to find out how to have bar and sensors without having to turn parking assist off.

ENFORCER 08-25-2013 04:34 AM

Extend the wires for the sensors and drill them into the nudgebar. The sensors will adapt to the distance change as they are ultrasonic.
This I feel would be your only simple choice.

Seamus4225 08-25-2013 05:56 AM

Good thinking Enforcer. I will look into it for sure and see how I go.