Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Torque Pull & Trasnmission Shuddering (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/torque-pull-and-trasnmission-shuddering-51545.html)

wta0002 12-13-2012 06:47 PM

Torque Pull & Trasnmission Shuddering

• Hey guys, I have seen numerous threads about transmission shuddering. I could never get a answer on what fixed it. SO i thought i would start my own thread. And keep a log on how the service goes at the dealership for yall.
  • I Dropped off my 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee overland 4x4 at the shop yesterday to have some warranty work done on it. Needed a few trim pieces replaces and what not since the bumper to bumper is almost up. I had just started to notice a Torque pull to the right. It was only on the highway when it was aerodynamic mode. So had them check that out as well as the transmission shuddering. Both issues the dealer had never heard of.
  • First Day at the Shop: They noticed the Torque pull to the right. They were able to determine that a axle timing mechanism was faulty and needed to be replaced. Said they couldn't see anything wrong with the transmission. :mad: They needed to keep in over night to get the parts in.
  • Second day in the shop: They performed the fixes and took it for a test drive. They fixed the torque pull, or so they say. AND They were able to duplicate the transmission shuddering by accident. That being said, he brought it back to the dealership and called me said it was not safe to drive and they couldn't release my vehicle. Here I sit Day 2 with a loaner car.
  • I will Keep yall Updated on tomorrows events

wta0002 12-15-2012 04:00 PM

Re: Torque Pull & Trasnmission Shuddering

Third Day: Spoke with the Dealer on Friday, They had all hands on deck trying to finish the jeep up before the weekend. They think the found a fix for the issue. They dropped the transmission, and replaced the Isolators. Lastly they put a different Transmission bracket on it. Unfortunately they didnt get it finished for the weekend. But we will have a final verdict on Monday! fingers crossed:thumbsup:

ernestd 12-15-2012 04:30 PM

Great dealer.
Up here in the Toronto,ontario,canada area Most dealers SUCK!

wta0002 12-17-2012 11:16 PM

Fourth Day: Car still wasnt ready today. They were hoping the parts would be in this morning. They had to pull parts from Houston. My car service was transferred from the service rep to the Head Service manager. He put the top transmission tech on it. The Tech is adamant that with all these replacement parts that the issue will be corrected. Fingers Crossed for tomorrow.

wta0002 12-18-2012 11:31 PM

Here we sit. Day 5. It will be a week in the shop come tomorrow. They are still waiting on the part to arrive....UPS doing its job delivering a overnight part. Updates will follow.:mad: Ready to get my Jeep back!

wta0002 12-21-2012 10:07 AM

Got the Jeep Back Yesterday! and Guess What, No more Shuddering!

wta0002 12-21-2012 10:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attached Are the Service Records. Showing what parts they replaced and service bulletins. Ignore the Seat trim different issue in its self. Hope this Helps yall!:thumbsup:

Hollywood 12-21-2012 12:18 PM

NIce. Congrats! :thumbsup:

daniele767676 01-02-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wta0002 (Post 727438)
Attached Are the Service Records. Showing what parts they replaced and service bulletins. Ignore the Seat trim different issue in its self. Hope this Helps yall!:thumbsup:

You are a star, have been fighting this problem for 2 years now with no resolution. For info, did you also notice the vehicle vibrating at speeds above 70mph running at constant speed? As if the wheels were unbalanced, but the vibration comes and goes every so many minutes?

Thanks,

Daniele from AL

Brn2skifst 01-05-2013 09:59 PM

Danielle, I believe the problem we are having is the Fishbite as discussed in another jeepforum. That is with the 5.7 hemi. Last I checked the TSB for that is coming out in Feb.

wta0002 01-08-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniele767676 (Post 731585)
You are a star, have been fighting this problem for 2 years now with no resolution. For info, did you also notice the vehicle vibrating at speeds above 70mph running at constant speed? As if the wheels were unbalanced, but the vibration comes and goes every so many minutes?

Thanks,

Daniele from AL

Hard to say, I live in Atlanta not all the roads are in the best shape. Cant say I notice anything outside the usual. What does this "fishbite" feel like?