Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/dyno-results-of-2006-jeep-grand-cherokee-limited-51600.html)

Combat 12-14-2012 03:18 PM

Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
2 Attachment(s)
Here the dyno results of my 2006 Jeep grand cherokee Limited, after installation of Inertia Performance Heads, Inertia Spartan Plus Cam, SRT8 Headers, and Corsa Exhaust system. It was about a gain of 64 hp to the rear. I was expecting a little more; however, I am satisfied for now. Maybe in a couple months Ill do a 6.7 stroker and throw Kenne Bell on it?

The actual dyno

Before

Max Power =293rwhp
Max Torque=337lbs

After

Max Power=356rwhp
Max Torque=356lbs

If anyone was wondering, I am probably pushing close to a stock SRT8, or maybe who knows..faster?

So far, I have done a 1/4 mile with the Diablo trinity drag timer in 13.71 and a 0 to 60 in 5.2 flat.
I believe I can go faster ; however, I need to remove and replace my 22 inch rims with the ones from the factory, and drop about 150 lbs of tools and old parts from the install. They are very large and heavy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-EBC...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow66I...ature=youtu.be

jjt250 12-14-2012 11:23 PM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
From a quick search, I found that an SRT8 does 0-60 in about 4.7 and a 1/4 mile in about 13.4 seconds @ 102 mph. You're getting closer! I'm curious to see if you'll be able to get it 5 or below 0-60!

viking757 12-14-2012 11:55 PM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
Looks good bro:thumbsup:


But not to poop on your parade but I'm telling you, I was once in your boat with a 5.7 and if you want to do all these mods you are going to wish you had a SRT at the end of the day...

Combat 12-15-2012 01:41 AM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
3 Attachment(s)
Thanks! An srt8 wouldn't be bad; however,Its not about wishing I had an SRT8, for me its more about sticking to what I got and having fun with it. Kind of like buying call of duty and not buying Halo, I am loyal and thats loyal to my 5.7. If anything I will do a 6.7 stroker, and Kenne Bell blower in a few months. Besides wouldn't you rather see a 5.7 to 6.7 stroker.(unique) Not too many of those around.


Anyways I dropped the eariler weight from my jeep(about 200lbs in parts) and decided to run a 0-60 on my trinity.

Heres the results,(note this is on 22 inch rims)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi 0-60 time 5.05 sec - YouTube

I didn't get the time real well and was a little unstable with the camera because I was manually shifting, but it was 5.05 sec.

cobrakillerta 12-15-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
They made limited's in RWD?!

viking757 12-15-2012 09:51 AM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat (Post 724760)
Thanks! An srt8 wouldn't be bad; however,Its not about wishing I had an SRT8, for me its more about sticking to what I got and having fun with it. Kind of like buying call of duty and not buying Halo, I am loyal and thats loyal to my 5.7. If anything I will do a 6.7 stroker, and Kenne Bell blower in a few months. Besides wouldn't you rather see a 5.7 to 6.7 stroker.(unique) Not too many of those around.

Im not trying to stop you by any means but if you are looking to drop big money in the performance section the SRT's tend to come with more stuff already attached...I.E. Breaks, better interior, nicer exterior, suspension, more aftermarket support in terms of drive line components.

Now a 6.7 stroker with a KB is unique but an SRT clone isn't. Also something to look into is that big of a stroke ideal for boost especially on a positive displacement supercharger or is the 6.7 ideal for NA applications... Finally remember with more HP your tranny wont be able to handle those levels for long.

In any means I am just giving you some things that I thought about for a very long time when I had my 5.7:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrakillerta (Post 724822)
They made limited's in RWD?!

No, they just probably pulled the tcase motor and the front driveshaft essentially making it 2wd for the dyno.

06JeepXKHEMI 12-15-2012 10:32 AM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
They made limited WKs and XKs in 2wd.. Buddy had one in SoFla with the HEMI and limited options

Looks sick Combat, great build!

Combat 12-15-2012 12:14 PM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
Its a 2wd(rear wheel drive), non 4x4 limited. I actually believe its a little lighter because it does not having to deal with the transfer case.

Combat 12-15-2012 12:27 PM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by viking757 (Post 724845)
Im not trying to stop you by any means but if you are looking to drop big money in the performance section the SRT's tend to come with more stuff already attached...I.E. Breaks, better interior, nicer exterior, suspension, more aftermarket support in terms of drive line components.

Now a 6.7 stroker with a KB is unique but an SRT clone isn't. Also something to look into is that big of a stroke ideal for boost especially on a positive displacement supercharger or is the 6.7 ideal for NA applications... Finally remember with more HP your tranny wont be able to handle those levels for long.





In any means I am just giving you some things that I thought about for a very long time when I had my 5.7:)




No, they just probably pulled the tcase motor and the front driveshaft essentially making it 2wd for the dyno.

I know bro, I see what your trying to say. It would be pointless to go back now and purchase an srt8 is more of what I'm trying to say. Maybe in a couple months my brother will buy this off of me and then I will rethink my options. But for now I'm thinking 6.7 and blower.

As for the Jeep, Its a rear wheel drive bro. Non 4x4 limited. I actually think its lighter because of no transfer case.

viking757 12-15-2012 02:33 PM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat (Post 724900)
I know bro, I see what your trying to say. It would be pointless to go back now and purchase an srt8 is more of what I'm trying to say. Maybe in a couple months my brother will buy this off of me and then I will rethink my options. But for now I'm thinking 6.7 and blower.

As for the Jeep, Its a rear wheel drive bro. Non 4x4 limited. I actually think its lighter because of no transfer case.

Bad ass man and you probably have a lot less drivetrain loss because of no tcase!

If I was in your shoes id lift if and make it a fire breathing sleeper ;) Either way make sure you check up on if a 6.7 is ideal for boost due to rod geometry etc...

dmsfun 12-16-2012 10:56 AM

Re: Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited
 
4x2 is lighter, which is better for handling, but the AWD has far better traction for faster accelleration times, used with the SRT.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community