Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/mopar-heated-seat-kit-install-easy-or-not-51618.html)

gc4x4 12-15-2012 01:37 AM

Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
I just got the mopar heated front seat kit, id like to install it myself and save money, has anyone installed the kit themselves? Is it difficult to undo the seat covers to install? Im pretty handy and ive got all weekend and a buddy to help me if needed. Thanks:thumbsup:

xJoshxx 12-15-2012 10:29 AM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 724759)
I just got the mopar heated front seat kit, id like to install it myself and save money, has anyone installed the kit themselves? Is it difficult to undo the seat covers to install? Im pretty handy and ive got all weekend and a buddy to help me if needed. Thanks:thumbsup:

Have a Dealer do it.

1. it will done right
2. It will be tied into your factory warranty and added to your sales code.
3. Dealer is responsible for making sure it works properly.

If you do it.
Not tied to the warranty not added to sales code.

Your Parts your warranty. Example you bought the parts YES mopar has a warranty on the part not your labor.

Just Have the dealer do it.:thumbsup:

gc4x4 12-15-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 724854)
Have a Dealer do it.

1. it will done right
2. It will be tied into your factory warranty and added to your sales code.
3. Dealer is responsible for making sure it works properly.

If you do it.
Not tied to the warranty not added to sales code.

Your Parts your warranty. Example you bought the parts YES mopar has a warranty on the part not your labor.

Just Have the dealer do it.:thumbsup:

I think your right, i talked to the service department and they are going to install it and give me a discount on labor since i already have the kit. I made the appt for next Wednesday.

scooterha 12-20-2012 05:00 AM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
hey man did you attempt this yourself or did you have the dealer do it?

gc4x4 12-20-2012 09:27 AM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
The dealer,it was added it to my warranty and sales code and only charged half the labor since im a good customer lol.. nice to have heated seats since its very cold now..

CobraKyle 12-20-2012 05:35 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
Where did they mount the controls?

gc4x4 12-20-2012 07:48 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
2 Attachment(s)
They installed it in front of the shifter.

jgc4ever 12-20-2012 07:53 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
How many heat settings does it have?

gc4x4 12-20-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
it has three settings, low medium and high

Tybalt39 12-21-2012 01:23 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
Perhaps an irrelevant question, but...

If you had also installed the climate controls that included heated-seat control, could they have integrated your seat heaters with it (not install the additional control panel by the shifter)?

The climate control is an easy do-it-yourself installation (see a couple of threads around here).

xJoshxx 12-21-2012 04:05 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 727484)
Perhaps an irrelevant question, but...

If you had also installed the climate controls that included heated-seat control, could they have integrated your seat heaters with it (not install the additional control panel by the shifter)?

The climate control is an easy do-it-yourself installation (see a couple of threads around here).

The kit Mopar sells is not the factory kit where it ties into the whole system.

as you can see it has 3 settings when factory only has 2.

Tybalt39 12-21-2012 06:35 PM

Re: Mopar heated seat kit install easy or not?
 
Ah well....

Wonder if the factory heat pads were ordered (IE: replacements for existing factory-installed pads), if the harness is already there... Then, add the factory climate control with heater switch....

Just thinking about possible mods as these vehicles get older and parts are available from salvage yards.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community