Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Lovin' That GC Remote Start! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/lovin-that-gc-remote-start-51724.html)

ColoradoJeep 12-17-2012 10:17 AM

Lovin' That GC Remote Start!

Starting to get cold here in the mornings in Colorado, and I have had the 12 GC parked outside while doing a major rework on the garage/shop "man cave". So I'm using the remote start a lot now, its definitely worth the extra $ for the LTD. Lovin' it!

Jim_in_PA 12-17-2012 10:41 AM

Re: Lovin' That GC Remote Start!

Yea, I really appreciate it, too...warm seats and a warm wheel make my body happy! (Not that we have weather anything like yours in CO!) This Jeep is the first vehicle that I've owned with remote start and it certainly will not be the last.

My biggest challenge is remembering I have the feature before it's time to walk out the door! :o

JeepersCreepers 12-17-2012 11:49 AM

Awesome. I'm hoping the All Weather Capability package for the Laredo comes with it. Jeep's site says it includes it, but in parenthesis it says "Unavailable with some configurations". I wonder what those configurations are.

It doesn't say this for the Security and Convenience package by the way.

eibyer 12-17-2012 12:16 PM

It's in the all weather group but does not have the comfort system (heated seats/steering) or whatever it's called, that is more likely extra. I have mine scheduled to be flashed this coming weekend to get the AC to kick in with remote start.

77rednecktruck 12-17-2012 12:23 PM

I have a Laredo x and it has the remote start and heated seats.

I like the remote start on my Fusion also, it works a lot farther away than the Jeep one.

JTS97Z28 12-17-2012 01:13 PM

Yup the remote start is great and then on top of that to have the seats warm and a toasty steering wheel is just amazing. Great features!!!

Smiffer 12-18-2012 11:08 AM

Loving mine too. Especially this morning when it was 25. Just wish the distance wasn't so bad. Annoying having to go to the door of the restaurant just to start my Jeep that's in the parking lot.

jkratze1 12-18-2012 02:48 PM

My 2012 Laredo X has remote start and heated front seats and I do not have the all weather package.

jeelo 12-18-2012 03:01 PM

have it in my 2012 Laredo X as well. It get's freezing up in Toronto during the winter months... (it's not always cold here in Toronto, we get some crazy heat in the summer, think Florida type humidity. that's what we get)

Justal13 12-18-2012 05:30 PM

Or you could order the optional 800 ft long-distance OEM remote start kit:

Remote Start

You will have to have the dealer flash and program it, so the total cost could go to $300+. Depends on how important being able to remote start from a longer distance is for you. Don't ask me why the factory installed remote start has such a short range. GM does the same thing. If you want long-distance remotes, they are available at extra cost. Of course most of the GM's, and the 2014 GC, will have the ability to remote start from an app on your smart phone or computer.

Smiffer 12-19-2012 12:30 PM

I think if I was going to go the extra $$ route I'd just go app route. Both my buddy and boss have the viper smartstart modules.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justal13 (Post 726224)
Or you could order the optional 800 ft long-distance OEM remote start kit:

Remote Start

You will have to have the dealer flash and program it, so the total cost could go to $300+. Depends on how important being able to remote start from a longer distance is for you. Don't ask me why the factory installed remote start has such a short range. GM does the same thing. If you want long-distance remotes, they are available at extra cost. Of course most of the GM's, and the 2014 GC, will have the ability to remote start from an app on your smart phone or computer.

AAAA 12-19-2012 02:31 PM

I find remote start just as helpful in the summer when the Jeep has been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours... cools off rapidly... usually by the time I open the door to get in.