Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Horn Problems and Modification

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Eaglemis 
#1 · (Edited)
I faced some problems with the horn on my Grand Cherokee WK 2009.
I experienced on rainy days and when passing through puddles that the car horn filled with water and didn't work. I had to take the horns from the car to dry them and mount them back.
The car alarm uses the horn. As the 2 horns are mounted very low under the front bumper just in front of the right front wheel the horn is very easy accessible. It happened to me that somebody tried to steal the car or wanted to open the car. The person ripped the electric wire connector off from the horn so the alarm wouldn't sound when opening the car.
I made a modification, enlarged the electric cables and relocated the horn assembly just behind the front grill. From under the car the horns are now much more difficult to reach. To protect the horns against water and to make them invisible through the grill I placed a black PVC shield, cap over the horn assembly just behind the grill.
The water problem was solved as I didn't face the problems anymore and I made it more difficult for thieves to reach and disconnect electric wiring from the horns.
Might be an idea for you guys to carry out this modification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.