Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2013 HVAC misery (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2013-hvac-misery-51764.html)

StormRider 12-18-2012 11:54 AM

2013 HVAC misery

I've had my 2013 GC Altitude for 30 days now. The first 2 weeks I had the HVAC system set to Auto, so I didn't pay attention until it got COLD here in Utah, when I noticed one morning on the way to work that my feet were cold. Started playing with the settings and I realized that I wasn't getting any heat on the Driver's side! Passenger side was fine. So off to the service department we go-

1st visit- HVAC control panel is defective, replacement not available, ordered in.
panel took a week to get in.

2nd visit- HVAC control panel replaced, still not working. Tech pulled the lower panel, and plastic pieces fall out! Blend door motor is stripped out, and the housing is cracked. replacements not available, ordered in.

I also mentioned at the 2nd visit that the blower is doing it's own thing, even when set to HI heat, Fan at max, Defrost, NOT in auto mode. Blower randomly stops and runs. Tech ran a re-calibration, and that failed to fix the problem.

So now it's wait a few weeks for blend door parts to show up.

Has anyone experienced the Blower doing it's own thing on manual mode?

pbalias 01-03-2013 10:53 PM

Re: 2013 HVAC misery

I've been bitching about the HVAC blower since day 1. It speeds up and slows done with gear selection. Wtf?

StormRider 01-03-2013 11:08 PM

I was driving home last week and some heavy wet snow started coming down, almost instantly fogged up the windshield. Cranked the blower up on high, and nothing happened for almost a minute. Took the heap back to the dealer the next day, they talked to chrysler, and since it's now a safety issue, the dealer has the heap, and i'm in a rental. And since chrysler will only pay for a chrysler rental, I've been in a Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 hemi for a week. That's a cheap rental, right?

SW03ES 01-04-2013 10:54 AM

The Jeep definitely has one of the weirdest HVAC systems I've ever seen in a car...

eibyer 01-04-2013 11:42 AM

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I think this is related. How do you get outside air in without the fan being on? In my old ride, I just turn off recirculate and fresh air outside comes in.

billydog 08-04-2013 11:15 AM

I have had blower problems on my 2011 since day one. I have had to stop and pull over to defrost the windshield on only a moderately cold day. Air flow stops during defrost when tranny is put in drive and resumes if you put it in park or neutral. Dealer said this is normal function. WTF? Four trips to the dealer and still not fixed. Works fine during the summer so I made a couple of videos to document the problem. The TSB for HVAC fix didnt do anything. I have been waiting for chrysler to figure out how to fix it. Warranty runs out in October.

scooterha 08-04-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billydog (Post 869649)
I have had blower problems on my 2011 since day one. I have had to stop and pull over to defrost the windshield on only a moderately cold day. Air flow stops during defrost when tranny is put in drive and resumes if you put it in park or neutral. Dealer said this is normal function. WTF? Four trips to the dealer and still not fixed. Works fine during the summer so I made a couple of videos to document the problem. The TSB for HVAC fix didnt do anything. I have been waiting for chrysler to figure out how to fix it. Warranty runs out in October.

I'd be looking at an extended warranty.