Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   BFG Rugged Terrian in the snow (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/bfg-rugged-terrian-in-the-snow-51857.html)

11JeepLTD 12-20-2012 10:20 AM

BFG Rugged Terrian in the snow

I just wanted to post my results driving the jeep in the snow for the first time. I bought the jeep in back in July, and in september I got rid of the michelin lattitudes and put on the bfg rugged terrains. I recently moved to Kansas and we got our first snow fall of the year (3-4"). I took the jeep out this morning and all I can say is I am very impressed! The tires were flawless, I am very happy with them. I am also very happy the way the jeep handled in the snow. Probably the best 4x4 vehicles I have opperated in the snow. It did great in the auto mode and even better in the snow mode. In the snow mode I didnt even have to alter my driving style :thumbsup:
Very happy with the jeep and the BFG Rugged Terrians.

kkreit01 12-20-2012 11:09 AM

Re: BFG Rugged Terrian in the snow

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to ditch the Latitudes, but I'll probably run them until they are worn. According to CR, they are good in the snow also. I was seriously thinking of buying Nitto Crossteks when NTB had buy 2 get 2 free.

We didn't have much snow last year, and I probably won't get out today. Where in KS are you? We're in KC/Olathe. We had a nice blizzard this morning. All schools are closed.

11JeepLTD 12-20-2012 02:36 PM

I am going to closing in 20 min actually haha. I am in Olathe also. I just purchased a house off K-7. Its in the persimmon pointe neighborhood to be exact. Im sure ill see your jeep around.

TheSiltSurfer 12-28-2012 11:28 PM

I have the same tires currently on my 2012 limited, and honestly for me the tires don't have enough bite/traction in the snow. On the street they rock nice and quiet for the most part. I had better luck with the Baja Champs from BFG on my 2011 limited in the snow but the are a bit louder on road. Just my experience.

jerkylips 12-28-2012 11:39 PM

Wait... 3-4 inches of snow & schools closed? HA!!

1stJeepGC 12-30-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer (Post 729900)
I have the same tires currently on my 2012 limited, and honestly for me the tires don't have enough bite/traction in the snow. On the street they rock nice and quiet for the most part. I had better luck with the Baja Champs from BFG on my 2011 limited in the snow but the are a bit louder on road. Just my experience.

Greetings,

I finally had a chance to test them in the light snow we just received. I have to agree with you the tires do not have enough bite and traction, especially in the soft snow. I wish the tire had more siping on them in order to get great traction. If they had this, then the tire would be truly outstanding.

Based on other reports now coming in on this tire with different snow conditions, I feel that I would not be prepared for winter travel in other snow regions.

Best for now.:)