Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   inTune warning! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/intune-warning-51877.html)

hemi_shox 12-20-2012 08:29 PM

inTune warning!

I just tried installing a canned tune on my 05 Hemi using the Diablo inTune. Like another member had stated, I had horrible shaking, lack of pedal response, and the engine light was going crazy. I even stalled out at a stop sign driving around the block. After trying to put the stock tune back, everything was still messed up.

I read on a few post via the Diablo forums that some cars require the battery to be disconnected so that everything can reset and come back fresh. After doing this, I reinstalled the tune and it was fanastic!

Everything is crisp, responsive, and fast!!

I do highly reccomend using this to tune your engine, but I do aslo beg you to use caution and carefully research before you install.

I'll be back in a couple of days after some road trips to comment on milage, but until then my foot is heavy on the pedal

dmsfun 12-25-2012 11:18 AM

Re: inTune warning!

My Intune had no such issues and worked perfectly without disconnecting the battery. The canned tunes are OK to start, but the CMR tune is far better, and really brings the Hemi to life.

*sox* 12-25-2012 01:12 PM

my intunes work also perfect with my 2005 hemi no issue.

.......iPad using Tapatalk HD

Roddy 01-31-2013 03:28 AM

I purchased DiabloSport InTune I-1000 for my 2005 WK Hemi (5.7L) GCL.
I live in Australia and made the selection based on the vehicle selector on Diablo's website. The unit would not recognize my VIN thus would not work.

When questioning DiabloSport Technical dept........sorry we do not offer support for the Export Hemi SUV.....

Oh **** really ??? Well Diablo, Why don't you geniuses inform people on your website that some export model Jeeps are not supported so that we don't spend $350.00 on a ****ing expensive paper weight.

I will be buying a Superchips Flashpaq if I actually do get a refund ?

Gojeep 02-02-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roddy (Post 751461)
I purchased DiabloSport InTune I-1000 for my 2005 WK Hemi (5.7L) GCL.
I live in Australia and made the selection based on the vehicle selector on Diablo's website. The unit would not recognize my VIN thus would not work.

When questioning DiabloSport Technical dept........sorry we do not offer support for the Export Hemi SUV.....

Oh **** really ??? Well Diablo, Why don't you geniuses inform people on your website that some export model Jeeps are not supported so that we don't spend $350.00 on a ****ing expensive paper weight.

I will be buying a Superchips Flashpaq if I actually do get a refund ?

Let me know what turner you end up with as I will need one when I finish my build.

Blizzboy283 02-13-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 728700)
My Intune had no such issues and worked perfectly without disconnecting the battery. The canned tunes are OK to start, but the CMR tune is far better, and really brings the Hemi to life.

Where do we get the cmr tune?

dmsfun 02-24-2013 10:11 AM

Hemifevertuning.com is one source for Diablo CMR tuning. Sean will email you his 93 and 87 tunes, then you load, and send him datalog files and he will adjust parameters.

Blizzboy283 03-04-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 766646)
Hemifevertuning.com is one source for Diablo CMR tuning. Sean will email you his 93 and 87 tunes, then you load, and send him datalog files and he will adjust parameters.

How much does that run?