Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   SRT rear sway bar price & end links (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/srt-rear-sway-bar-price-and-end-links-51893.html)

tfranzone 12-21-2012 02:07 PM

SRT rear sway bar price & end links

so In the suspension thread that scott originally threw together it had the part number for the SRT rear sway bar.. the price is like $100something..

now i know you need bushings and brackets but is this price right?!
maybe the sway bar went way up in price?
SRT8 Rear Sway Bar & Bushings

also while I'm sort of on the topic of sway bars.. end links? the OEMreplacements are pricey when compared to say Moog ones. Also heard of a company named DEEZA.. that apparently makes decent ones.. as well as a lot of people running the beefy bwoodys... 1.are the bwoodys sold in pairs? 2. since there are such varying prices between sway end links, are there advantages to running a certain brand?, specifically with my 2" Daystar lift?

Scottina06 12-21-2012 03:28 PM

Thats it....but you dont need the triangular brackets. Those will reduce the price significantly.

tfranzone 12-21-2012 04:25 PM

Re: SRT rear sway bar price & end links

thanks scott! any insight on those end links, oh wise one? :D

bobharly 12-24-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 727498)
also while I'm sort of on the topic of sway bars.. end links? the OEMreplacements are pricey when compared to say Moog ones. Also heard of a company named DEEZA.. that apparently makes decent ones.. as well as a lot of people running the beefy bwoodys... 1.are the bwoodys sold in pairs? 2. since there are such varying prices between sway end links, are there advantages to running a certain brand?, specifically with my 2" Daystar lift?

1) Bwoody are sold in a set of 4. Two front, two rear. If you go this route, order for the Non-SRT. Since you have a lift, you can even request extra long links! This is a poly urethane bushing that needs lubrication every few months to a year or is squeaks and then fails. Everyone who uses them loves them. I decided that if I ever go this route to get zert fittings to make the maintence hassle free. The idea of unbolting them just to lubricate seems insane.

2) OEM and OEM replacement are rubber bushings. Cheaper and low maintence. Install and go. OEM cost more. Moog and other brands are nearly half the price and should do the same job--assuming they really are OEM equivalent as advertised. I myself was considering this when I need new links on the rear.

3) I don't know about lifts and links, but 2" doesn't sound too far out of spec. ???

dmsfun 12-26-2012 01:10 PM

Put on both the front and rear bars so they work properly. initially I just put on the Rear SRT bar since people posted this on the forum as being a great upgrade, but those posts are misleading, as the understeer is absolutely horrible with the rear SRT bar, stock front bar setup. After installing the front SRT bar, it is balanced and rides and handles MUCH better.

Scottina06 12-26-2012 02:18 PM

exactly what Ive told members and been told the front isnt worth it. I think theyre crazy too lol

deep18 01-02-2014 12:36 AM

Do you need to get the sway bar links for the front and rear SRT bars or will the bars and bushings be fine.

Looking at justforjeeps.com fyi.

dmsfun 01-06-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep18 (Post 953305)
Do you need to get the sway bar links for the front and rear SRT bars or will the bars and bushings be fine.

Looking at justforjeeps.com fyi.

Get new WK end links and new brackets / bushings. End links are toast at only about 35k, as the mounting holes get gouged out, and you have to remove them in order to inspect and see this. If your WK is pre mid 2006 manufactured, you need new front brackets and bushings as the front bar diameter is larger. 07 and up have same diameter as the SRT bar, but the bar is hollow.