Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Bi-xenon auto leveling system not working properly (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/bi-xenon-auto-leveling-system-not-working-properly-51939.html)

Jbkb 12-22-2012 09:14 PM

Bi-xenon auto leveling system not working properly

Anyone have problems with the headlights auto leveling system? My 2013 gc lights shoot up when QL raises and shoot down when QL lowers. I had to adjust the lights at normal ride height and I'm forced to drive in auto mode (normal ride height)at night. I have them pointed in a safer direction but still get flashed by other drivers... Tired of pissing people off any help would be great.

Scottina06 12-22-2012 09:40 PM

Re: Bi-xenon auto leveling system not working properly

try resetting the sensors by removing the negative batttery cable

Jbkb 12-22-2012 09:48 PM

Yea good call, gonna try that tomorrow. only hope it could be that easy. Thanks

bclemons 12-25-2012 08:22 AM

Sounds like your having the same problem as the thread "HID headlights pointing up too high" is having. I'm wondering if we could combine these threads so every one is getting the same information? If it's not in the ride height leveling system it must be a problem in the headlight unit itself. The leveling in the headlight unit determines the beam angle. The up down wires are either in the wrong position or the connector to the headlight unit for the master leveler is wired improperly. The master is in the Passenger side unit (I believe).

Jbkb 12-25-2012 11:39 AM

You know I've read those threads and there are similarities but not quite the same as mine thus the start of my own thread... Your right it does seem all backwards but reversed wiring on a 12 volt dc system = it shouldn't work at all right idk. I'm thinking that There are two things that control the lights aim point
quadra lift sensor and a digital camera in the rear veiw mirror I'm just not sure. Thanks for your post every little bit helps

Scottina06 12-25-2012 03:51 PM

there are sensors on the front/rear suspension...one of them is faulting. I woulkd make a trip to your trusted dealer.

Jbkb 12-25-2012 04:43 PM

If one of my suspension sensors are bad wouldn't that mess with the quadra lift system as wells.... Idk... Bottom line is it will be going back to the dealer this will be the second time for the same problem and its the only dealership in my area so ill try it again. Two times, not so bad right😁

Scottina06 12-25-2012 05:32 PM

There are sensors for just the headlamps im pretty sure

bclemons 12-26-2012 08:50 AM

Head light aiming is done inside the headlights. The motors have three wires, up, down and a ground. The manufacture may have a bad batch of headlights with the wires reversed. These are the wires I was talking about being reversed. With out tracing both the wire positions in the plugs of the car and the wire locations in the headlight assy we won't know for sure.

nathantw 12-26-2012 01:55 PM

Before making any mechanical adjustments try putting your Jeep in Sport mode. Sport mode lowers your vehicle enough that the headlights don't interfere with oncoming cars.

Scottina06 12-26-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclemons (Post 728878)
Head light aiming is done inside the headlights. The motors have three wires, up, down and a ground. The manufacture may have a bad batch of headlights with the wires reversed. These are the wires I was talking about being reversed. With out tracing both the wire positions in the plugs of the car and the wire locations in the headlight assy we won't know for sure.

yes...and they use sensors on the front and rear axles to adjust. the problem may be that QL trucks use the QL sensors and nonQL use stand alone sensors.

Jbkb 12-26-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 728047)
try resetting the sensors by removing the negative batttery cable

Is there a battery disconnect under the hood or a fuse I can pull instead of removing the negative cable from the battery