Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/)
-   -   snow? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/snow-51995.html)

louie22 12-24-2012 09:47 PM

snow?

i just got home from work and it has been snowing out, covering the ground about 2 inches. i was excited to go out n play with my srt8 butttttttttttt!! these "3 season" tires suckkkk. cars were passing me i was getting so mad. i was slipping and sliding everywhere thank god i didnt hit anyone but this really pisses me off that these tires suck and i paid extra for them! anyone else see this problem with these shit tires?

waswas 12-25-2012 08:17 AM

Re: snow?

the "three easons" that thse tires are used for are "spring, sunner, and fall." They are NOT going to work n winter temps and snow.

SRT8BLK 12-25-2012 06:03 PM

3 season tires don't suck if you like drifting when it gets cold ;-p
I would be more than happy to take them off your hands if you need some all season oem's with similar mileage though..

xJoshxx 12-25-2012 06:35 PM

You need to get some new tires.

IE Get another set of SRT replica's $1000 for a set then put some winter tires on.

No worse feeling sliding sideways knowing you are about to curb that $1500 rim.

robpp 12-25-2012 06:54 PM

If possible try turning off traction control in snow/

Knightrider03m 12-25-2012 07:41 PM

Turning off the traction control only helps in deep snow when the traction control may get the truck stuck. What the op need is a true set of winter tires. The summer tires do piss poor at low temps and won't help you in snow and ice.

Sent on my Moto RAZR HD while I'm in class, in a meeting, in a waiting room, or in the bathroom

mangoe 12-26-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie22 (Post 728620)
i just got home from work and it has been snowing out, covering the ground about 2 inches. i was excited to go out n play with my srt8 butttttttttttt!! these "3 season" tires suckkkk. cars were passing me i was getting so mad. i was slipping and sliding everywhere thank god i didnt hit anyone but this really pisses me off that these tires suck and i paid extra for them! anyone else see this problem with these shit tires?

If you want to keep one set of tires to drive your vehicle all year around,then it should be the standard run flat all seasons tires,those three seasons tires are performance tires great in the summer,if you want to keep 2 set of tires,then buy four snow tires, only suppose to use in the winter,plus you will have your 3 seasons performance tires for the summer.

Knowing your tires are having the right tires on your vehicle could mean life or death depending how you drive in the various weather,your first line of defense against bad weather is good or the right tires on your vehicle,then your driving skills.

Here in Canada Saskatchewan on my 1995 orvis edition jeep I use all season tires, works great,never use a 2nd set of snow tires in the winter on my jeep.

SRT8BLK 12-26-2012 02:59 PM

Just finished 2 hour trip on 2-3 inches of snow covered roads and rig was rock solid and handled just like other jeeps I have had going around 55-60 mph. Did get a little loose once pushing 65 on open straight away though. I do have Pirelli snow tires and was very thankful for them because there were 8 accidents seen during the drive.

radbushi 01-24-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT8BLK (Post 728965)
Just finished 2 hour trip on 2-3 inches of snow covered roads and rig was rock solid and handled just like other jeeps I have had going around 55-60 mph. Did get a little loose once pushing 65 on open straight away though. I do have Pirelli snow tires and was very thankful for them because there were 8 accidents seen during the drive.

Pirelli snow tires or all season?

SRT8BLK 01-24-2013 10:08 PM

scorpion ice and snow

Scottina06 01-26-2013 03:23 PM

no way I could run snow/ice tires here in KY.....too warm.

Black Ops Auto Works 04-24-2013 04:10 PM

Vredestein makes a 295/40/20 in their Wintrac-Nextreme SUV they are similar to their summer tires and close to the OEM tire just a tad less sidewall.

http://www.vredestein.com/car-tyres/...reme-suv/info/